Size:  24.9 KBName:  JBL_Syn_SCL 2-Back_0002_RT-1d9557d0.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  9.0 KBName:  JBL_Syn_SCL 2-Group_RT-1e1172b2.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  17.8 KB

Name:  SC00764_SCL_2_QuickSpecs_V2_LR.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  68.4 KB

Does anyone have a part number for the woofers JBL are using in the SCL-2, they have published the part number for the CD but apart from a description I've seen nothing else posted about the woofers.

Description
"The SCL-2 is designed with a 2.5-way, triple 8-inch (200mm) driver configuration for low-frequency extension with high output capability and powerful dynamics. A D2415K dual voice coil, dual 1.5-inch (38mm) annular ring diaphragm Teonex compression driver with advanced HDI geometry horn works in conjunction with powerful cast-frame, 8-inch (200mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers with low distortion motor structures."

I would like to kick off a mini project for purely educational reasons of course to digitise the M2 waveguide and turn that into a cad file of the SCL-2 baffle that can be cut using a CNC machine to produce my own clone SCL-2. The file could also be 3D printed provided you had access to a large enough 3D printer. The Baffle and crossover will be the trickiest parts to reconstruct. The cabinet is very basic.

I would probably start out doing a proof of concept using MDF, but the final baffle would be cut out of 1" thick Black expanded PVC which is available in 4x8 sheets which may need to be bonded together to obtain a sheet deep enough to cut the waveguide from.

Well in fact my M2's are probably too large to go under the CNC to digitise so I just purchased a pair of the LSR308's which will be much easier to work with.

So please if you have any thoughts or information on the woofers or crossovers just chime in I think this could be a fun little project.