Thread: Portable Audio What do you use?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    I purchased a new car and lost all connectivity to my I-pods! I was not happy although I did have the option to use USB sticks that had to be formatted as FAT32. It could not read any other format.

So I bit the bullet and upgraded to a new Sony Walkman. It has blue tooth and works great in the car. Can add an SD card to expand memory. Sony offers an interface similar to I tunes.

I tried and then deleted. You can set the USB for Power only, File Transfer and USB dac. Much easier to just drop and drag files in Windows. The player builds it's own Library.

Will continue to use the I-pod's as is and not add new music to them just keep the Walkman Updated and USB sticks in the car.

Rob :}
    I just stream Tidal through my car via Wi-Fi.
    Interestingly playlists that I have created in Roon with content from my NAS pop up in Tidal's suggested playlists... obviously Roon shares my personal data with Tidal. C

What a creepy but convenient world we live in.

Widget

Most likely because of this thread:
    I used my original iPod Classic 160GB "Last" version today while working on a much older car in the garage. Had it plugged-in to some Harman boom-box that I'd won years ago for selling some absurd number of H/K systems in new BMWs. It's a GO+Play but the biggest one with remote, front and rear speakers, and it is surprisingly hi-fi! I always told myself it must have been a JBL design. It will certainly fill a garage. Of course it uses a 30-pin Apple connector—but that's what I had! Let it run for a couple of hours on Genius Playlist mode. Good for passing time while resurrecting a 50-year-old BMW that has been badly stored for nearly 20-years. Polishing chrome a few square-inches at a time!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information