Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Everest II and the 2007 International CES: January 8-11, Las Vegas

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    Really?
    AUDIO has measured maximum output resp. distortion. With 123 dB the JBL has been all the way below the lower level for measuring harmonic distortion and compression. Higher levels have not been measured because their measuring amplifier rejected more power.

translated:
    Do forget all you have known about dynamics. No, I mean all. The one who has heard the Everest, must forget some believes. For example, that pur power and fine dynamics exclude each other. The JBL can both in absolut perfection. Fulminating Heavy Metal like Dream Theaters "Awake" will be mastered with concert level, just as well the nuances of level differences in the piano trio of Schönbergs "Verklärte Nacht" (Antes Edition) are followed just as by a high end small monitor (Kleinmonitor).

Another dogma that melts away after a listening session with the JBL, is the fairy tale of horn colorations. There arn't any, the bolide (?) keeps dramatically forced voices in Wagners "Ring des Nibelungen" (EMI, Haitink) just as clean as a well respected high end speaker a la Backes & Müller BM 35.
    Several men joined the listening test and soon they came around that you completely loose control of sound level judgement. The dynamics alone are not a criterium alone for a reference speaker, it is far more the ability to resolve finest differences between amplifiers too.

Last words in AUDIO: ... a dream has come true.

Sounds good.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by dumdumboy View Post
    Sun Audio will ..... try to establish a dealer network but ....
    And Sun Audio accept other dealers beside themself??

Wow that's interesting news...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    ...Several men joined the listening test and soon they came around that you completely loose control of sound level judgement. The dynamics alone are not a criterium alone for a reference speaker, it is far more the ability to resolve finest differences between amplifiers too.
    I'd say the Everest's resolving power is what really makes them special... many of the speakers that we talk about on a daily basis can match or come close to matching the new Everest's dynamics and max SPL abilities, but none can come close in resolution and neutrality.

Widget

I'd like to know when and where I can hear these. It seems lately all the high end stuff from JBL is nowhere to be found at any of the audio stores. High end or otherwise. I'm sure glad I have my L-300's I hope they actually market these speakers.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I'd like to know when and where I can hear these. It seems lately all the high end stuff from JBL is nowhere to be found at any of the audio stores. High end or otherwise. I'm sure glad I have my L-300's I hope they actually market these speakers.
    JBL doesn't even have them on their web site yet. And with 300 or more on back orders I wouldn't hold my breath to see and hear them anytime soon. Short of all of us being invited to hear them at Northridge.

stereophile: CES 2007 Show Report

The Ultimate Everest Test-Uncle John's Band

"Even Everest designer Greg Timbers (left) and veteran classical recording engineer and JBL alum John Eargle (third from right) loosened up as we all lowered ourselves into the warm audio bath of the Dead's "Uncle John's Band," from Working Man's Dead. Now that's music! And on the Everests, we wanted for nothing more. Well, maybe some of those herbal smokes..."

Mikey loves JBLs-Who Knew?!?!!
    "
    With a pair of Everests driven by a Lexicon disc player and Mark Levinson amplification, both Michael Fremer ... and I sat with our mouths open at the lack of midrange congestion, the absence of intermodulation distortion, the low-frequency extension, the superbly stable stereo imaging, and the enormous dynamic range."

Thread Information