Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTM's

I am going a little out of order. I have a set of aquaplased diaphrams for the 2425's and 2435's and PTH1010 horns in the works to continue with that particular head configuration. While I was waiting I figured I would get the next HF head going. This one should be fun.

Driver set will be a pair of 093Ti's with an 046Ti in an MTM configuration. The midbass driver will be an 8" 2108A. Still will use the sealed 121A's as the bass drivers. I have no clue at the present time how to deal with the impedence on the 093Ti's except maybe trying them in series. Should have test baffles up and running on the weekend if I don't cook an amplifier.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rob,

You've obviously been stashing some drivers for a while.

Look great.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Rob,

You've obviously been stashing some drivers for a while.

Look great.

Ian

Really... Now i know who bought all those 93Ti's on Ebay from wackytobacky ( ? spelling) some years ago

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    Really... Now i know who bought all those 93Ti's on Ebay from wackytobacky ( ? spelling) some years ago
    Who, me?

Actually, I got a bunch of 095Ti and 046Ti drivers.

nice
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    This one should be fun.

Driver set will be a pair of 093Ti's with an 046Ti in an MTM configuration. The midbass driver will be an 8" 2108A. Still will use the sealed 121A's as the bass drivers. I have no clue at the present time how to deal with the impedence on the 093Ti's except maybe trying them in series. Should have test baffles up and running on the weekend if I don't cook an amplifier.

Rob

Fun indeed.......A most interesting configuration for the 93's and one that would provide some real challenges I believe.....If I remember correctly, don't the 93Ti's have their own crossovers built-in?

This is one thread I'll really pay attention to for many reasons

Fun indeed.......A most interesting configuration for the 93's and one that would provide some real challenges I believe.....If I remember correctly, don't the 93Ti's have their own crossovers built-in?
    I have been collecting the drivers for a couple of years. The 046Ti's and one of the 093Ti were off ebay in the last 2 weeks. There was a rash of NOS drivers and some pairs from parted out XPL140's in the last couple of weeks.

The 030Ti from the automotive end are the ones with the crossovers but they are really easy to remove. You unsolder a couple of wires and your good to go. You can just leave them in there for future use if you want.

I am a little concerned about getting a good set of measurements. These will be much closer than the 2118J's but I figure on the same issues. It was very difficult to get something that looked usable without a crossover in place. I ended up just giving up because it was an active set-up. Can't do that with this driver set. It has to be passive between the 093's and the 046 so once I get them on a baffle I will show you the problems I was having with the other set-up.

Rob

Nice project Rob.

Ian

Thread Information