Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thorens H3lp ??

Hello Seawolf
    The seller has a little exaggerated, yes, he will finally achieve a good price.
    The TD160, TD166 and TD150 are very good Turntables, but TD124, TD125, TD126 are better.
    Even with the description of the Signet TK5SE is grossly exaggerated.

regards
    juergen

Quote Originally Posted by rs237 View Post
    Hello Seawolf,ps the QLM32MKIII which is not a very good pickup system, the turntable would have a better deserves.
    I was looking around Vinyl Engine http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=69078

and found this ...

" was rather astounded that the very low tracking force QLM 32 sounded really spectacular, nearly matching the sound of the Super XLM Mk II, I had just listened to.

I even have an original XLM with about 100 hours on it. The lower-tracking-pressure QLM 32 Mk III had sounded about as good as this XLM. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and it seems to correlate to what I was hearing yesterday. was getting the V-15 ready to swap in, but think that the QLM demo may go on a bit longer..
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

hello Seawolf,

I can not understand that the only QLM nearly so well should sound like the Shure V15? What V15 because it (I, II...) and it was okay?

regards
    juergen

ps I have your picture in Heather's birthday Tread seen. You are right, we could be brothers.

The SHURE V15 is a very good system and hardly to beat.

Recently I purchased a V15 type III for a very low prize - there was a DUAL 721 attached to it - and the needle is ok. So I could test it and enjoy. It reproduces very detailed.
    But I am not shure whether I would it prefer to my Ortofon M15 E super or the M20E. They seem to sound a bit more "gentle" (weich).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    The SHURE V15 is a very good system and hardly to beat.

Recently I purchased a V15 type III for a very low prize - there was a DUAL 721 attached to it - and the needle is ok. So I could test it and enjoy. It reproduces very detailed.
    But I am not shure whether I would it prefer to my Ortofon M15 E super or the M20E. They seem to sound a bit more "gentle" (weich).

maybe you can answer a question ?? My Dual 701 that no longer wants to play has always had a V-15 type 3 , it sounded fine, but always seemed to "ride very low" ie: sometimes the body of the cart would hit the record if there was any warp. Is this normal ?
    I also read of someone else who took the chrome plastic shell off to gain some clearance and reduce weight.

after all these years, I never realized that the guard should be DOWN , nearly contacting the record , I thought it was just to protect the stylus.

Hello Peter,

Because yes, I must agree with you. I have the end of the 70s, early 80s also prefer a Grado (I do not know exactly what) system which Shure preferred. Then and now there are only the EMT Tondose (TSD15) for me, the best course complete EMT948.

regards
    juergen

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Peter ....

maybe you can answer a question ?? My Dual 701 that no longer wants to play has always had a V-15 type 3 , it sounded fine, but always seemed to "ride very low" ie: sometimes the body of the cart would hit the record if there was any warp. Is this normal ?
    I also read of someone else who took the chrome plastic shell off to gain some clearance and reduce weight.

after all these years, I never realized that the guard should be DOWN , nearly contacting the record , I thought it was just to protect the stylus.

Hello Seawolf,

Sorry, I do not know if I have understood you correctly. But it is often a mistake the weight requirement is too low. That is certainly worse than when you have the weight a little too high keys.

regards
    Juergen

My Thorens

-Thorens TD126mk2
    -SME 3009 Improved
    -Denon DL103

Attached Images Attached Images  

one of the best !

regards
    juergen

Seawolf,

once I read about it. There seems to be an extra force by electrostatic charge. It is due to that the axis for the platter runs within a teflon bearing (?), which does not conduct. The DIY solution has been to reassamble all and make something for earthing. But I do not know how. The simplest solution seems to be to let run a carbon brush on a little arm (CANTON and others ... formerly).

The later tone arms of DUAL seem to be perfect, I would not change anything (except someone is really knowing what he is doing).

For me the guard is for the needle - up! The only thing that may be down is a little brush that SHURE once had attached to some systems.

Quote Originally Posted by stephane RAME View Post
    -Thorens TD126mk2
    -SME 3009 Improved
    -Denon DL103

Quote Originally Posted by rs237 View Post
    one of the best !

regards
    juergen
    Beautiful !!!

I am buying someone's whole system this weekend, it includes a 5 disc CD player, Sony DCP-CE375 and a NAD receiver, # 7220E and a set of medium size Bose and a Thorens Td-280 mk2 ( i know , not the best - but she is going to deliver and for a good price)....seller had this to say ... "Are you are familiar with Audio By Van Alstine in Minnesota?. The turntable was purchased from them. Audio By Van Alstine modifies their products and makes them better. The speakers were purchased from them as well. Their sticker is on the original shipping boxes."

Mr. Seawolf! Looks like you are heading for an exciting weekend my friend, keep us posted.

Stephane, I like your granite turntable pedestals, great idea, very very cool! is that the original platter on the 126, if so could you post a picture of the underside?

Thanks
    Just Play Music.

Granite and spring

Granite and spring

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Mr. Seawolf! Looks like you are heading for an exciting weekend my friend, keep us posted.
    TODAY, I picked up a beautiful JVC MD deck with box, manual, etc..(remote opens up to a full keyboard for labeling) a Sony MD deck and an Advent 300 receiver ... Oh,,I need more bedrooms and bigger patio (& sheds) to store all this "stuff"

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-XM-448BK-M...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Hey K, you are going to have an exciting day when those boxes from Washington show up ???

The Hamlet is Bursting!

Wow Seawolf! you never cease to amaze me, that is great my friend yes it seems like we're both in for a bit of fun. Yeah you best start building some sort of structure to house "inventory"
    This week's been a little nutty, been sick the last few days, the beasts are due in today and if on time will "pick up" tomorrow from JFK. will not get a chance to play with till sunday, have projects that need attention, saturday is wifes 40th and will be away so no time to play. found camera & will post pictures when they are home.

Stephane, I like, very nice! great idea.
    Just Play Music.

Thread Information