Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite JBL speaker system and why?

*** WARNING: ON TOPIC REPLY ***

L300 because that was the first JBL I ever heard some 27 years ago. It was a revelation in sound and style and I have been stuck on JBL's ever since.

L46 because they are amazing for their size.

My next JBL's, cuz as much as I like the L46 I need more.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Da Big Dogs, of course!

Well, forgive me for being so certain, but I have even ditched my Stax headphones for my 4345's. The most satisfying speakers I have ever heard, anywhere. Superb at low SPL, high SPL, all types of music, all source types and tube or SS. A JBL's JBL. And they are the illustration in the encyclopedia for "balanced."

Only disadvantage? "Uh, Dad, can you turn them down a little? I'm Trying to sleep..."

Clark in Peoria

PS Bee, I liked the S8R much better than the Paragon, at least as a youth when I heard them together. When I began this JBL quest, I was looking to bag a Sovereign or Olympus pair kitted with S8R. And I was raised a Mopar man, rock on!
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    Well, forgive me for being so certain, but I have even ditched my Stax headphones for my 4345's. The most satisfying speakers I have ever heard, anywhere. Superb at low SPL, high SPL, all types of music, all source types and tube or SS. A JBL's JBL. And they are the illustration in the encyclopedia for "balanced."

Only disadvantage? "Uh, Dad, can you turn them down a little? I'm Trying to sleep..."

Clark in Peoria

PS Bee, I liked the S8R much better than the Paragon, at least as a youth when I heard them together. When I began this JBL quest, I was looking to bag a Sovereign or Olympus pair kitted with S8R. And I was raised a Mopar man, rock on!
    You sir, Have great taste!

my old L300's in custom cabs are the only ones i ever heard in a home setting at high volume and they were mind blowing.with electronic x overs and tri amped they were good at most types of music from orchestras at full thunder to ecm type stuff to solo voice. they were sounding a little harsh when i sold them but damn that first 20 years was something else.i also heard the altec 19's but they just were not as musical as the jb's but louder than f---.i remember the fulton j in a positive way but its been so long that i really dont remember any details.i loaded a pic of them in an early audio research /dynaco incarnation in member systems if anyone is interested.

Obsolete

Whats your favorite JBL speaker system and why?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE
    Or just blurt it out there. Thats what I do.
    Ok, ok.

My favorite will become apparent by year's end.

It just works on so many levels...

Regis
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Ok, ok.

My favorite will become apparent by year's end.

It just works on so many levels...
    Hah! We caught you in the act on sincere indecisiveness! Admit it, G, you love more than a few different speakers, for different reasons.

Obsolete
    Only because I was only looking at the past and not considering the present or future.

I was blinded by that HUGE list.

Any yes, you are correct. - Even the L100. D'oh!

He's waiting for the new Array a/b's. Right? That could change everything. You can always edit, Giskard....just do it before you get quoted!

Sidebar Update: 'Bee's chair is lookin more and more like the real thing. Just got in some better pics- I think we have a high end auction item! More dough for JBL!!!

Cool Love the one you're with.

Because I never seem to get rid of any JBLs, I don't have any "I used to have the JBL L9000Be. It was great. I wish I had never burned it for firewood in the blizzard of 1976" stories.

So, I have no regrets or the fondness that nostalgia brings for lost things, but with my current array, I have such a good time with every single one of them!

When I listen to the L100s, I'm so happy when they're reproducing my LPs and cassettes. With the Performance Series, if I'm listening to DVD-A or two-channeling 96/24, the PS is perfect. Down in the home office listening to the iPod thorugh the Simply Cinema set up, I'm just blown away how good it sounds. At the work office, the 4430s (w/ B380) are hard to beat.

And in the shop, it's hard not to love the L250s, the L7s, the XPL160s, or the SVAs that abound there. In the car, those JBL GT...okay, enough.

Obviously I can't make up my mind.
    Out.

No need to 'make up your mind' Dome; You already have: JBL!!!

Like the part about the 'firewood...blizzard'.

On topic...

I'm fond of the L112 and L96.

I recently swapped in some 4410 monitors and think they sound fantasic.

I'm currently using a Paradigm PW2200 sub (one note wonder IMHO). But I need to go JBL.

Anyone care to spare a pair of Sub1500s that I build a pair of sub boxes for?
    Paying debt to Karma...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Because I never seem to get rid of any JBLs, I don't have any "I used to have the JBL L9000Be. It was great. I wish I had never burned it for firewood in the blizzard of 1976" stories.

"Back in the blizzard of 76 we kept the house a warm by burning Pappy's 3 Paragons for warmth. They burned real nice like and them thar kids just loved flinging them heavy magnet things at one another"

Thumbs up

my favorite JBL system has to be the one in my living room.

C40 loaded with 150-4C and 2397 loaded 375's with a 2405 for super-highs.

never heard a Paragon, or a Hartsfield..

an old fuzzy pic of my system..

C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Dome, just face it...you're a JBL slut...you'll listening to anything with JBL on it..

[QUOTE=Harkness]my favorite JBL system has to be the one in my living room.

C40 loaded with 150-4C and 2397 loaded 375's with a 2405 for super-highs.

QUOTE]

man oh man...that is sweet...nice rig

Thread Information