Thread: The JBL 4345 Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Giskard,

Speaking of upgrades, Are you going to talk about Diaphragms? Huhmmm

In recent times I would state my sword on the diaphragm as the most noteable improvement.

I doubt whether it would be worth the trouble in the lesser 43XX designs but in the case of the 4345 it deserves a mention.

They are a more worthy compliment but on lesser systems possibly not.

The 4344Mk11 used acquaplas as I recall. You know GT's thoughts on the matter and one would imagine he would use them a second time around.

I think we should pontificate on this further for the benefit of the rest of the Order.

Edit. The distinction seem to be more obvious on classical music were natural tones are more easily identified with greater timbre accuracy and with masses strings and percussion where the stop start of transient is much clearer.

Ian

I have edited post #8 because apparently (although I have not seen evidence as yet) some from within the masses were a bit put out by the change of thinking that sparked this thread.

This thread is just a focal point for those who are deeply passionate about a particular subject and that is the purpose of this thread. To share and to enjoy experiences about this loudspeaker and to discuss how best to attain maximim listening pleasure.

If you think you are as deeply passionate as the owners and users of the 4345 you are welcome to post here.

Similarly, if you are very passionate about what you have ie a 250ti, a 4333 or an L100 you might want to get together for a good chin wag

Please do not be offended, this is not a private meeting room.

If you do have concerns send me a pm.

At this point I have only had positive feedback

Yo Down Under: Your post #8 was fine the way it was. I can't see how it could have offended anyone. A little Aussie humor now and then helps take the edge off. See Ya - Rick

Yes exactly,

However trans continental cultures and mindsets often get these scewed up.

I saw a great movie last night The Worlds Fastest Indian. Aside from the immense Utah Salt flats the story was facinating and will ring true for many.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/

While I don't want to be seen as leading anything here perhaps we need to list a few initiatives and take on board what members globally might be interested in seeing arranged.

This might take quite a while to action but a list of what would add value is useful. We can work out the how , who and when over a forum beer.
    I am sure there are other items so please elaborate.

Product Profile

There is not as yet a product profile in the Library of the 4345
    An account of this model and how it came about would be quite interesting.

Owners manual

I don't think there is one but l am sure we could work on something and perhaps use something along the lines of the 4344Mk11 OM as a template/guide for the contents.

This could be quite a job to work on and would make a great project.

Photo Gallery.

I have some images on my HD. I'll bet others have some as well aside from your own set up. We need to do something with this.

Members Systems.

This could be part of the photo gallery but that would not allow discussion and questions. Members stuff like Bo's has been talked about from time to time but what is out there is fragmented.

Maintenance and upgrades

Part of the manual. A while ago I did some stuff on the 4344. Some of it applies but there needs to be a revised focus on vintage 4345's.

Building a 4345

Cad drawings. I know we have some basic drawings but there is a need for some proper drawings. I recall Rick and someone else has done something. We need to update where we are at here.

Serial number registry

over a forum beer
    only 1 ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    While I don't want to be seen as leading anything here perhaps we need to list a few initiatives and take on board what members globally might be interested in seeing arranged.

This might take quite a while to action but a list of what would add value is useful. We can work out the how , who and when over a forum beer.
    I am sure there are other items so please elaborate.

Product Profile

There is not as yet a product profile in the Library of the 4345
    An account of this model and how it came about would be quite interesting.

Owners manual

I don't think there is one but l am sure we could work on something and perhaps use something along the lines of the 4344Mk11 OM as a template/guide for the contents.

This could be quite a job to work on and would make a great project.

Photo Gallery.

I have some images on my HD. I'll bet others have some as well aside from your own set up. We need to do something with this.

Members Systems.

This could be part of the photo gallery but that would not allow discussion and questions. Members stuff like Bo's has been talked about from time to time but what is out there is fragmented.

Maintenance and upgrades

Part of the manual. A while ago I did some stuff on the 4344. Some of it applies but there needs to be a revised focus on vintage 4345's.

Building a 4345

Cad drawings. I know we have some basic drawings but there is a need for some proper drawings. I recall Rick and someone else has done something. We need to update where we are at here.
    How about a serial number registry specific to 4345's, too? It might prove interesting.

Thread Information