Thread: JBL 4344 for led zeppelin & John Coltrane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    let's see if we can agree on some sounds that we have both heard so we'll know if our perceptions are roughly equivalent.

on L100
    led zeppelin 4 " black dog" the vocals sound a little shrill when plant screams "HEY, HEY" I don't believe this is a fault of the speakers ....

Same album "when the levee breaks " the harmonica sounds a little shrill this may be the speakers.

Same album ! "when the levee breaks " the drums make a gratifying THUMP but you can also hear the "skin" on the drums , I hope you know what I mean because it is very tough to describe.

The 4344 should have more thump than the L100's , maybe not as much skin ?? both woofers in question are aquaplassed which is , I believe, a prime source of the THUMP in a round about way ( by adding mass to the cone E145 don't thump as much but is very quick)

Your bass content seems mellow ?? what does when the levee breaks sound like to you thru those speakers ?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    The 4344 should have more thump than the L100's , maybe not as much skin ??
    L100 bass is voiced for artificial "thump" enhancement. They're different from studio monitors; see below.

Cant find the 4344 curve, but the real 43xx studio monitors are generally flat down there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information