Most people who own L100's (or other AlNiCo systems like the L26 and L36) and plug the port will notice LESS bass, and will have an urge to turn up the bass before they realize what the truth is, response-wise. And, with no flopping of the cone and all the focus on the cone control afforded by the A-S design, some may want to see how much they can get out of the woofer in this "new" box. Wouldn't want to see or hear about any "long faces" when they realize it is too late, since demagnetization is only reversible by ripping the cone out to recharge the magnet. That's all I was getting at. Moldyoldy had al;ready brought up the coil burnout issue...

It is well known that the box size was chosen for suitability as a near-field monitor. JBL figured that any bigger cabinet would knock it out of the running. How large would be tolerated sitting atop one of the two most important -and expensive- components of a studio? (cabinet crashes onto the control surface). It was also designed to emulate the sound of the old Altec/Urei duplex monitors that were the industry standard then, while sitting out in the middle of the room with no boundary reinforcement. Hence the boomy bass.

I find it surprising that BBPRO says the 123A in the cab is a good alignment. We all know it is not just by listening to them. Sure you didn't miss on your measurements or your math? On a box that size, a little means a lot re: percentage of volume change.

The A-S "Q" is too high, as you can see and probably hear. That is why I said the box is too small for either, really, IMHO.