Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
Definitely! Is that a Crown SR-II I see back there???

Did that driver need to come out, the one with the accordion surround? I thought those were good for life? Superb job on your woofers though.

The dude on Simply Speakers seemed like a pro, he was fast and precise. I realized real fast that I'm about as coordinated as a reanimated corpse, yet we still got it done. I don't think we used too much glue, but the tube Rick provides is ultra stiff, I had to glue Angie's surround for her as a result. Aileen's glue, eh? Where can a bloke get some of that? Not that I'll need it soon, but for reference. Not sure how long my 2245's will hold out, they seem ok though. Although I think I'll want to get my 2215's reconed [again] at some point, as I noticed the cones on it do not have Aquaplas on either front or rear. Thought they were supposed to?
Yeah, I bought that Crown just for the 250ti, but I use it on everything in the basement. It doesn't care what I ask it to drive—or how many!!

Aleene's makes a full line of glues, most of which are available at any Michael's store, or other craft stores. Not much more than a couple of bucks. I had to order one which is a heat-activated fabric glue I'm going to try on grille cloth that's worked loose on the L112 and 240 before it gets worse. I just need my wife to find her old iron that she'll allow me to use.

No, that mid-bass driver didn't need to come out, I just figured it was easy to do and any weight I could take off would make it that much easier to move them. Glad I did now that I know how badly they F'd up the T-nuts! All fine now.