Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
I've noticed, and I'll re-iterate...

Most all of the forums I've visited include some sort of paid advertising. Either a "vendors" section or banner ad links or such.

I don't know what arrangement Don has with Harman, but couldn't it be possible that if Don were to start making a profit, the Harman attorney's might come calling asking for their share?...or cease and desist.

This is a manufacturer-specific site that covers current product too, and that could lead to Harman wanting control of everything....intellectual property.... including revenue.

Any thoughts on this, or am I way off-base?

Here come the replies....
Yet, to what good would a 'cease and desist' order gain? Bad publicity at the very least. This is a community, where we are attempting to protect our forum from unwanted intruders, make life as pleasant as possible for those who volunteer their time and services and lastly to offer a vintage JBL source for the world to access.. What income this site would generate if garnered by Harman, would be offset by the community uproar if it ever came to that. It would seem reasonable that Harman would want this site to flourish whatever shape it must take. But, as my Dad used to tell me, 'assume nothing'.