Thread: A Forum Membership Fee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never stop the flow of information and there is never too many suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Never stop the flow of information and there is never too many suggestions.
    Sure, and some people have taken the time to be quite thoughtful and really are trying to be helpful... and a few have simply been trying.

I do not think we can or should devise a filter for "worthy" members... this is a public site and everyone who hasn't been banned for disruptive behavior has the right to post comments as intelligent or otherwise as they like.

The Moderators, Administrators, and even John Nebel, the Forum Member and extremely generous person who helps keep this site running have all said that bringing a mandatory monetary dimension to the site was either unwanted, unwise, or both.

We do have a problem with spammers and have been discussing a variety of methods to reduce the spammer's impact... many of the suggestions that have been posted have been discussed... currently the Spammers are doing no real harm, but we would like to reduce their impact further and will likely be making changes to the registration process.

I personally appreciate the efforts of thread starter EarlK, Pasadena, Johnaec, and the many others who have obviously given this some thought... that said, I'd much rather read Pasadena's comments on his XPL 200s after having lived with them all this time... or hear about John's or Earl's construction projects.

Widget

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... or hear about John's or Earl's construction projects.
    Well, not a big job, but more complicated than it looks, what with getting angles, clearances, and distances just right... http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...7&postcount=12

John

MEMBERSHIP

Well folks, I've not been on here in a while because of a new venture that requires lots of night work. Goin' to Sturgis in two weeks for the summer, blah blah blah. I've proposed a while ago, some type of membership for a small annual fee of whatever, say 25 bucks, etc and have been a big proponant of contributions to this site and a few (you know who) have stepped up to the plate, most have not. So thats it... $$ talk and bullshit walks. I've received many great ideas here which otherwise could not have been obtained. So I piss a few people off with this idea, so be it. I propose no free-loaders. Now we'll see who's real and whos not. Let the shit fly . Bring it on.
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

Quote Originally Posted by invstbiker View Post
    Bring it on.
    Hmmm....shoot now ask questions later.....I assume you read this thread in its entirety, did you not? Sounds much like a moth to burning hot bulb! Guess the outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
    Hmmm....shoot now ask questions later.....I assume you read this thread in its entirety, did you not? Sounds much like a moth to burning hot bulb! Guess the outcome!
    Never saw you $$$, BRO, Still love ya though...
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

Quote Originally Posted by invstbiker View Post
    Never saw you $$$, BRO, Still love ya though...
    You proved my point!

Thread Information