Giskard,

Can you point me in the right direction for wanting to purchase JBL Japan products. If a person wanted to buy a pair of 4348's how would one do it? I contacted them direct and they said the sale of JBL Japan arrays are meant for their market place only. If a US citizen wanted a pair of Everest II's does this mean that they would not sell and ship them? I find this odd since they offer the gear for sale on their website, retail.

Thanx
My suggestion would be to purchase from JBL Dealers as opposed to any of the Harman websites. I could be mistaken but my perception is that Harman likes try to protect various markets.

Some may have noticed over the past few years that, in addition to the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) and the price at which a Dealer is willing to sell any given product, we now have the price which Harman is willing to sell any given product from their websites. It does not appear that Harman Japan discounts product on their websites like Harman America does. My perception is that Harman Japan has an interest in keeping its Dealer Network strong. I could be mistaken but I think Harman America has a built-in 10% or 15% discount off MSRP. I do not believe that this discounting extends to top shelf products. I believe discounts on those products are at the discretion of those particular Dealers.

The Everest II should be available from any U.S. Synthesis Dealer.