Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Listening party

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    normally i am indiferent to having my picture taking. there was a mix up and they showed on time but didn't call as i was expecting, didn't get to shower ! although not gross I was certainly self consious of it the whole time. they didn't make a thing of it and stayed til after 8.

Mark
    We'd have stayed later but I think Emma was starting to wind down ... she thinks the music is great, but too much geek talk and after a while she starts to glaze over ...

You weren't gross at all - gosh, I get REAL messy after a day in the garden - or when I have to go muck out the pond

But Emma got your picture - you look great, right there by the speaker!

Besides, these folks are all audioheads - they don't really care what you or I look like, they just wanna see the GEAR!
    Show them the blinkenlightz!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    normally i am indiferent to having my picture taking. there was a mix up and they showed on time but didn't call as i was expecting, didn't get to shower !
    Mark
    I know what you mean. If I haven't had a chance to wash my hair...oh, wait, I don't have any hair.

So comparatively, you looked pretty good to me.

JBL 4645
    I failed to notice earlier there is that doorway on the left-hand side that leads to a kitchen I’m guessing. Now that will present a problem with the sound to some small dreg. Some more testing and place a door there I’m sure there would be a noticeable difference.

As I said I t was great having Heather and Emma come by for a listen. As with most here the system isn't finished and even was a little less finished than expected.

I had just got a 2nd amp for the 250s, to biamp them, 300 on the 14-3 and 180 on the top 3 drivers. Turns out 1 channel was blown and then I physically broke the inputs when removing it from the lower left compartment from the setup. After I broke the inputs I figure I can't go back to the seller. And it was 2am and company the next day...

We listened to some DVDs, nothing special or critical that I had in the player, Steely Dan Comes to mind remembering that Heather had posted she enjoyed them at some post. We (Emma) listened critically only to some music they brought over which they were familiar with. I only suffered when some Gershwin was on . My criticism with my system is too much highs (and a little to much S comes through on speech) and non even bass. I am little surprised about the tweets as they rebuilt and coated but Heather heard it too. The bass I have is uneven and boomy, I don’t think they completely agreed on that but they have a different taste in bass. I think my listening room is not the most acoustically friendly place and just sucks bass out my system…

I’ll answer some comments in my next post and Heather post any pictures you have that really is ok

Mark

I can't believe you people did not tried some modern gear in the congest.

Do you people think that our JBL,s do not sound better with modern gear??

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I can't believe you people did not tried some modern gear in the congest.

Do you people think that our JBL's do not sound better with modern gear??
    what does "in the congest." mean?

I don't understand what you are getting at - does modern gear make it better?
    Some gear, yes. Some gear, no. In short, not always. But that wasn't the point of the event.

Mark was kind enough to invite us over for a couple hours for an initial listen to the gear he has in his system.
    We listened to the gear that he owned, and it actually sounds really nice.
    I took the time to write a few posts to list what was there and what music we listened to.

I never said it sounded better or worse than anything - I just said what I heard.

Perhaps you'd like to explain a bit more?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information