Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Dumb thought: Anyone ever compared an L7 and an L300 side-by-side?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    So - where are the pictures of a black Piano L300 (or piano black 4333) to go with this new direction of the thread?
    Heather

This is as close as we can (or would want to) get.

http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...ad.php?t=20527
    Out.

I've given thought to going after these (BMW's comments of the L7 being the "grown up in the family" compared to the L5 really struck a chord every time I listen to my L5s thinking about the added bass impact), didn't realize that the finish looked unusually shiny?

btw, these L5s come with some components for $300.....don't know if the HK AR30 is decent, couldn't find it on the web....

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/930269246.html

Here is a pair of L7's I turned into a 3-way after using the 708s for a different project. They're modeled after the Europe only L-90s and use the upper section of the stock L7 crossover, after removing a couple parts to allow the woofers to run as low as possible. They sound great.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Here is a pair of L7's I turned into a 3-way after using the 708s for a different project. They're modeled after the Europe only L-90s and use the upper section of the stock L7 crossover, after removing a couple parts to allow the woofers to run as low as possible. They sound great.
    Nice!

We need to get you more drivers for more projects dude! This place is a wasteland without you.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    I've given thought to going after these (BMW's comments of the L7 being the "grown up in the family" compared to the L5 really struck a chord every time I listen to my L5s thinking about the added bass impact), didn't realize that the finish looked unusually shiny?
    Here's another pair close to you that don't look quite as "shiny".

http://ebayitem.com/220320502779

John W

Very nice.

(I'll move the pics and your comment over to the L Series thread for safekeeping.)
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Very beautiful and beautifully done, as well. How do they compare to other JBL 3-ways with which you're familiar?

And I'd be even more impressed if you told me you'd built the cabinets they're sitting on, too!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Here's another pair close to you that don't look quite as "shiny".

http://ebayitem.com/220320502779
    I'm embarrassed to type how little they went for. The only consolation would be that someone here got a great deal! Someday people will understand. I bet they'll blow away those "L400" prototypes in some other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I find it ironic sometimes, when I think about possibly upgrading speakers someday, I realise that about 75% of the music I listen to was recorded on monitors that well predate my 4345's!

It kinda puts things into a different perpective.
    I agree completely with this statement. IMHO, and I really mean this, yesterdays music sounds so very good on the JBL,s and ALTEC,s of the same period.

scottyj

Thread Information