Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4435 Diy

Thumbs up Cool

Perfect Work!

Thanks again!

Thumbs up Perfect work

I would have wished myself, I would have such a thing received for my 4430...

Ralf
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Re: Perfect work

Originally posted by Ralf

I would have wished myself, I would have such a thing received for my 4430...
    Ralf
    thanks guys,

I know what you mean...I had only a brochure from the new 4333B in the year 1979, to take the size and look for my DIY versions. Thats why they are not exact in size, but they look great and sound great.

HP

PS: some drawings from yesterday have little mistakes in measurements, as I found out (bracing, grille and baffle). I will post new versions when ready. So..... switch off the desk saw.
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Re: Re: Perfect work

Originally posted by Hofmannhp
    PS: some drawings from yesterday have little mistakes in measurements, as I found out (bracing, grille and baffle). I will post new versions when ready. So..... switch off the desk saw.
    I'll anyhow do some modifications. Especially the wall junctions will be different and thus will have different measures.
    Do you think it will bring advantages to enlarge the cab a bit. I don't think the cabs will reach the specified 5 quft.

cab modification

Originally posted by Guido
    I'll anyhow do some modifications. Especially the wall junctions will be different and thus will have different measures.
    Do you think it will bring advantages to enlarge the cab a bit. I don't think the cabs will reach the specified 5 quft.
    Hi Guido,
    the original cab has 4,923 qft/chamber without subtraction of bracing and speaker volume. I think those volumes are virtualy compensated by the 1" fiber wool, which covers all inside surfaces except the baffle.
    I think there's no problem to vary the cab.....there are some points to do a little optimizing.
    When doin the measurements, I scratched my head sometimes, how they assembled the cab, cause all the walls have been put together at first.....and then the bracing....

HP

PS: If it's a project for me, I would try to copy it 1:1 in detail.
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Obsolete
    "I think those volumes are virtualy compensated by the 1" fiber wool, which covers all inside surfaces except the baffle."

Yes, there should also be a bit extra fiberglass in the chamber with the horn/cd. Can you please measure the tuning frequency of each chamber HP?

Thank you very much for the drawings.

fiberglass

Originally posted by Giskard
    "I think those volumes are virtualy compensated by the 1" fiber wool, which covers all inside surfaces except the baffle."

Yes, there should also be a bit extra fiberglass in the chamber with the horn/cd. Can you please measure the tuning frequency of each chamber HP?

Thank you very much for the drawings.
    Giskard->
    your absolute right.....in the horn chamber, there's a lot more fiberglass....I will post some pics soon.

HP

Re: fiberglass

Originally posted by Hofmannhp
    Giskard->
    your absolute right.....in the horn chamber, there's a lot more fiberglass....HP
    here's the first pic.
    View through the woofer hole under the horn upward.
    You can see the front to back bracing, which also holds the driver magnet. This construction is not yet in my drawings.
    HP
    Attached Images Attached Images  

fiberglass

Hi all,

here's a pic with the sidewall bracing near the duct. Fiber is lighly lifted to see the bracing 3" x 1".
    HP

bracing

Hi again,

here's a pic with the bottomwall bracing under the right woofer. Fiber is lighly lifted to see the bracing 3" x 1".
    HP

PS: the woofer with the green cabling is below the L-pad baffle, so Giskard you can take a look to the crossover schematic that this is the " to 800Hz-woofer, or the to 100 Hz woofer"

Alex Lancaster

Smile

Could someone pls explain why the speaker "sees" a bigger volume with more īglass?; Better minds than mine tell me so, I believe it, but cannot understand; īGlass not being very elastic, more hysteric. (sounds like a religious problem) .

It's not the glass, per se, but the air that is trapped within, and how it is trapped, by the fiberglass...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Originally posted by Alex Lancaster
    Could someone pls explain why the speaker "sees" a bigger volume with more īglass?; Better minds than mine tell me so, I believe it, but cannot understand; īGlass not being very elastic, more hysteric. (sounds like a religious problem) .
    That`s my Explanation:
    Air in the glass wool moves more slowly. If you put more glass wool in the box, the air needs more time to the wall and back. It`s the same effect as a longer way, a larger enclousure...

Don`t know, if I am right.

Ralf
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Obsolete
    "Could someone pls explain why the speaker "sees" a bigger volume with more īglass?"

Besides the classic references this may help as well.
    You can get a copy from www.aes.org

Obsolete
    "PS: the woofer with the green cabling is below the L-pad baffle, so Giskard you can take a look to the crossover schematic that this is the " to 800Hz-woofer, or the to 100 Hz woofer""

According to the schematic the green & green/black go to the "LF" and the white & white/black go to the "MF".

Thread Information