Hi guys, this is my first post at this site, but I've been lurking for a time and recognize quite a few names from other audio sites.

Anyway,

I recently scored a pair of 'cosmetically challenged' but intact and functional 4333 monitors. It looks as though the previous owner had used them in the garage and bumped and scraped them up some.

The biggest problem with the appearance is that the prior owner brush painted the cabinets an oil-based white over the original 'utility grey' color. I'd like to remove the white paint, but am not too thrilled about the old grey color either. Suggestions or how to remove the white and/or grey??

Secondly, the previous owner also apparently refoamed the woofers, placing the new surround flange on the outside of the cone - is this correct for this woofer, or should the surround be on the inside?

Lastly, I'm not sure what to use to power these big guys...

Here's what I've got on hand --

Pioneer VSX-9700s...supposedly the last of the 'good' Pioneer black plastic HT receivers..

Onkyo TX-4500... a vintage 60wpc receiver

Fisher 500c tube receiver

Complete Dynaco system, ST-70, Pas2, etc...

Will any of these amps/receivers do the job? As you can see, I have a taste for vintage amps, but will do 'whatever' to get the most from these 4333's...

Jay