Thread: XM-out ..DAC-in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    You are right there, Scotty .....$9.95/mo , decent programming , pretty good sound (despite Mr.W's experiences) when it started , BUT now its $15/mo , the 60's channel is mostly a guy named "Motor Mouth" ..its like a bad AM top 40's station from 1965. My fav was "Deep Tracks" , but the main guy there has seemed to tap in to my subconscious "do not play" list and follows it to the tee. He tries to act cool, but comes off as a 40 something trying to be accepted by teens.

XM has billed my VISA every month since I canceled in early June , I call CS and then they partially refund the bad charge...then the same thing is repeated the next month and next... I THINK , that now, late September , it MAY finally be fixed..

Anyone want to buy a used XM receiver ???

__________________________________________________ _____________________

I've been enjoying Pandora , sound is nice.....any recommendations on net radio stations ??
    For me, with the advent of iPod docking stations in todays premium sound systems in cars, that IS what I do. And when I fly, or am going somewhere I know won't have the music I want to listen to, I bring my 8in Sony Vaio laptop, Grado RS1i phones, and Grado RA1 battery powered headphone amp. I have all my current libraries of music in my Vaio as I do my bigger Macbooks, and it all fits in a nice carrying case that isn't too big. BUT I have what I like listening to, and HIGH QUALITY sound at that! The Grado phones have GREAT bass! The battery powered amp makes em rock! And besides my own enjoyment, I have caught the attention of others too, in a positive way. I have what I like, and both FM and XM for me are no longer about music. AM radio for traffic reports, and news, FM for some talk show radio, that's about it! Have LAPTOP WILL TRAVEL!
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    For me, with the advent of iPod docking stations in todays premium sound systems in cars, that IS what I do. And when I fly, or am going somewhere I know won't have the music I want to listen to, I bring my 8in Sony Vaio laptop, Grado RS1i phones, and Grado RA1 battery powered headphone amp. I have all my current libraries of music in my Vaio as I do my bigger Macbooks, and it all fits in a nice carrying case that isn't too big. BUT I have what I like listening to, and HIGH QUALITY sound at that! The Grado phones have GREAT bass! The battery powered amp makes em rock! And besides my own enjoyment, I have caught the attention of others too, in a positive way. I have what I like, and both FM and XM for me are no longer about music. AM radio for traffic reports, and news, FM for some talk show radio, that's about it! Have LAPTOP WILL TRAVEL!
    sounds like a good plan.

my Vaio is billed as a "desktop replacement" / "photographers special" . it is so big that I can't find a case for it and had to custom fab one. It has 6 speaker Dolby , SACD drive, fingerprint scanner, usb, firewire, takes all kinds of mem cards. 320gb drive and dual core 2.66's. with W7 premium. its a great machine, but too heavy to lug around (which kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop ) ...the mini-toslink sure does make for great source to the DAC and on to the BGW/JBL's ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information