Thread: 2216Nd Projects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    So what is it making the 2216Nd the "thing to have" right now? price/sound ratio? radiation pattern? Some other sound quality not shown in specifications, but can be heard?
    For me it was the availability of the transducer and DSP settings already worked out by JBL, but mostly the availability .

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    For me it was the availability of the transducer and DSP settings already worked out by JBL, but mostly the availability .
    Those are really big pluses.

The 2216Nd seems unique in that I haven't heard a single bad thing about it from anyone at JBL. It is the current "darling", maybe because virtually anyone working there can actually lift it without dropping it or hurting themselves? It could be interesting to see what else occurs. Rumor was that there might be a twelve-inch version as well as another fifteen-inch version with a lower Fs.

Now that my 1501AL-2 project is finally complete I can start on my 2216Nd project.

These things are too heavy and I just can't seem to be able to escape the fifteen-inch JBL in the five cubic foot box syndrome. The M2 clones will be just as big and heavy, well, thirty pounds lighter if only because of the 2216Nd neo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Now that my 1501AL-2 project is finally complete I can start on my 2216Nd project.
    Beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done!!

Widget

Ok, so who has done a project with their 2216nds so far? ....or are they still 'in transit'?

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

I finally got mine earlier this week. Will try to find the time this weekend to replace my ME150H with these. I noticed some things about the 2216nd when looking at them but I could be wrong:
    Compared to the ME150h the dust cap seem a bit taller. The outer diameter seem to be slightly larger (not counting the rubber lip) and the cone is not straight sided but seems curved. More as you get closer to the spider. If some one with greater knowledge could confirm this?

How long time did it take from order to delivery, Jakob?

Am I understanding this correctly, you are building M2 clones and live in the same city as me?! I would very much like to listen to it when you are finished.
    You are welcome to listen to my active 4365s if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    How long time did it take from order to delivery, Jakob?

Am I understanding this correctly, you are building M2 clones and live in the same city as me?! I would very much like to listen to it when you are finished.
    You are welcome to listen to my active 4365s if you want.
    I ordered mine in May. These has as you probably know gone on and off the availability list and at first it wasn't sure that these would be available as non replacement parts. Now they seem though

Thank you fo your offer but my avatar is not up to date unfortunately; I haven't lived in Gothenburg for 5 years now. Nice town nonetheless and I bet your 4365's sound great. I like the white look!

Yes the plan is a M2 look-a-like. Not sure about the D2 yet. I'm using the M2 wg with 2451 with SL diaphrams and are quite happy with that. I'm not sure what would be the best upgrade; D2 or Truextents in the 2451?

Thread Information