Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Westlake HR-1's are now home

700 series 2

Ya that 700 series 2 will clipp at about 650 a side into 8 ohms. Had them before.
    Hey ken. May sound crazy but I think you will obtain better sound with the 400 lb westlake if you get them up there in height. If you notice in studios how many times do you see them on the floor.. Not many. My wife talked me into suspending my 4435 from the ceiling. The hooks are already there from the studio they came from. something to think about. By the position of the bass ports on your westlakes id say they were designed for high mounting. Im going to install cross members in the attic for mine.
    Von Schweikert VR-8
    Canary Ref. 1 300B monoblocks. 300Bx16

Good lowend control

These amps can be tuned to the load. you hook up a scope and signal generater to adjust for any irregularities in sqare wave. Or you can do it by ear at the listing position. these are 2K into 2 ohms. Delta Omega 2000. Would grab those westlakes by the boo boo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Von Schweikert VR-8
    Canary Ref. 1 300B monoblocks. 300Bx16

rgrjit8
    Congratulations Ken, I saw the speakers on Ebay. I'm glad that one of "us" got them.
    This sounds like shameless asskissing but I owe you for the tale of your barn party with the 4350s from the old board. Without that visual in my mind I might have missed my 4355s when the opportunity fell out of the blue one day. (I was actually looking for something else when a guy called and asked if I was interested.)

Now, what is that little thingy to the right of the high frequency horn on your Westlakes?

Originally posted by rgrjit8
    Congratulations Ken, I saw the speakers on Ebay. I'm glad that one of "us" got them.
    This sounds like shameless asskissing but I owe you for the tale of your barn party with the 4350s from the old board. Without that visual in my mind I might have missed my 4355s when the opportunity fell out of the blue one day. (I was actually looking for something else when a guy called and asked if I was interested.)

Now, what is that little thingy to the right of the high frequency horn on your Westlakes?
    Thanks for the congrats..

The thingy is a Westlake Logo plate.

I am away working these days and won't be able to play with or tweak these for some time.

Ken

Thread Information