Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell View Post
I know this post is getting old but the DSi series amps were/are basically the same as the original XTi and CDi series amps only loaded with presets for the JBL movie theater series speakers.

The original XTi series amp had the silver aluminum face plates.
I now have these both of these amps (newer XTIs and CDIs). They were easy to update to the latest software versions for free online.
I have had Crown amps and JBL speakers all of my career. I'm a big fan of both. I don't have much history with these newer Crowns yet, but I really like them so far. Being a dinosaur like me, they are equipped with software that makes it easy to program even for me. They have everything on board so that takes some getting used to. It has quickly spoiled me. The crossover options are fantastic. Maybe too many?
I also love the low weight. I can't lift what I used to! I used to have Crown PSA2s and they were heavy. I later went to the micro tech series and they were still heavy. Seems like these new amps should weigh more for what they deliver.
I'll find out how well they hold up and any deficiencies when I get to push them someday soon.