Thread: New JBL 4367's coming!! Bi wire?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Do you mean passive biamping or bi-wiring? The first will potentially radically affect the sound, the second is up for debate.

BTW: I love the egg analogy!

Widget
    ATCs amps are matched in terms of gain for the purpose of passive biamping. In fact both P1 and P2 have RCA output connections that can be used to daisy chain multiple amps.

It’s a case by case thing and if you are a tweaked.

It depends if the original design would benifit from Biamping?

That is a question for the original design engineer.

Unfortunately without technically valid insights changes to the operational mode can make it different but not necessarily better. Like change crossover parts, attempting to Biamp.

My suggestion is listen to them for a while and have an open mind to setting up the system in terms of enclosure including height off the floor location.

An A class system can evolve into an AAA+ system with careful attention to setup which is not a 5 minute exercise.
    Set up REW 5 is the next step and get acquainted with that as a tool to further refine the system setup.

The Parasound is a solid amp but it might be worth auditioning other amps to find the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    It’s a case by case thing and if you are a tweaked.

It depends if the original design would benifit from Biamping?

That is a question for the original design engineer.

Unfortunately without technically valid insights changes to the operational mode can make it different but not necessarily better. Like change crossover parts, attempting to Biamp.

My suggestion is listen to them for a while and have an open mind to setting up the system in terms of enclosure including height off the floor location.

An A class system can evolve into an AAA+ system with careful attention to setup which is not a 5 minute exercise.
    Set up REW 5 is the next step and get acquainted with that as a tool to further refine the system setup.

The Parasound is a solid amp but it might be worth auditioning other amps to find the sweet spot.
    Ian, thank you and yes, am familiar with pedantic speaker positioning, it can bring huge benefits, think the 'Get Better Sound' book advice on speaker/listening possie/room measurements to the mm.

Amps, nup, am getting off the merry go round after this, haha.

Cool.

What l was alluding to was a demonstration where a pair of 4333 style were placed on supports the height of milk crates. While some room correction had been applied they were quite impressive in a large room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Cool.

What l was alluding to was a demonstration where a pair of 4333 style were placed on supports the height of milk crates. While some room correction had been applied they were quite impressive in a large room.
    Am currently making some timber plinths @ 150mm high to bring the centre of the horn to ear level and we'll just play around with heights, toe in etc from there.

So, forgive me, long time since I visited.

I have gone back to one pair of Lebehan Foilflex speaker cables, the sound is nicer if I use the supplied shorting wires between the terminals, hooking the red to the bass and the black to the mid/upper terminals. Nice. Next experiment is to try some Aurealis cables and maybe even some valve monos...thanks again all.

JBL is using reconstituted veneer on these models, which is a man-made wood product. The product looks better than plastic/vinyl veneer products but not as nice as real veneer.

Thread Information