Quote Originally Posted by pangea
It wasn't until now, that I realized this. I thought a nice even curve looking like a half circle was the target at all times.:o

Isn't it possible that the Behringer UltraDrive will take care of this, or isn't it the same thing as time aligning the drivers?
(Just some further elaboration.) "No surprise" since the pattern (basic properties) really can be predicted without any SW once one gets used to think about interference. The target is not necessarily a half circle. Rather one strives to control in what directions to radiate - and where not to.

As to the FR part, I was a bit unclear: "Such" refered to off axis responses derived from the polars. You should be able to get a flat on axis response, but there will always be ripple due to the twin mids/basses when you move off axis. BTW, see the Project May blog for interesting info about that.

I'm not sure I understand these abbreviations and also, wouldn't these additions to the program complicate it quite a bit?
Sorry about the technobabble. IMO it would not be so complicated (technically rather straightforward), but amount of work depends on the programming language and libraries used (read: how much "nuts & bolts" you need to implement yourself). I'll post here once I'm done (using a language that lets me be really lazy ).

I have already been using JBL's "SpeakerShop Enclosure Module 1.0"
/.../
I don't think I've ever seen the 2123 in a vented box
What's this SpeakerShop thing and what happens if you select vented box?

I take it you would like to place it above? If so, could you please elaborate on why? Hopefully it would help me understand the principle a little better.
Actually you have the perfect tool to explore this - Xdir The question is in what plane (horizontal or vertical) you want this pattern (thinking of the overlap region where both drivers contribute).

EDIT: However, lobing is only one aspect. Even with brickwall filters (no overlap and hence no interference) a strict line array would be the way to go according to conventional wisdom for imaging reasons. Why spread out the drivers in another dimension (unless called for by size constraints)?