Thread: Opinions wanted: 240Ti vs L-150A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *Sigh*. If you look closely at the pics of the tweeter, there's a small black dot in the middle of the dent in the first picture. My friend in France recieved it like that, yet in the pics posted by the seller it was undented. The black dot is a tiny needle hole . It looks punctured on purpose. I didn't catch it until today, my eyesight is less than perfect.

Anyway, looking at the foam plug again, there's a lot of pressure needed to compress that plug from 1/2" to the height of the dome+thickness of plinth. I wish he hadn't skipped that part in the video. For me, the weight of the plinth/diaphragm isn't enough to hold it in place, by far. The stickyness is gone from the old tape; I'm wondering if it was there just to be able to assemble it, due to the pressure from the plug? The tolerance for misplacement is tiny, and any foam plug I can imagine will push it out of position without adherence.

But, what will the hole do, you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagfinn View Post
    *Sigh*. If you look closely at the pics of the tweeter, there's a small black dot in the middle of the dent in the first picture. My friend in France recieved it like that, yet in the pics posted by the seller it was undented. The black dot is a tiny needle hole . It looks punctured on purpose. I didn't catch it until today, my eyesight is less than perfect.

But, what will the hole do, you think?
    somebody in the other 044ti rescue thread had recommended try to pull out a dome dent with a needle, much as you described.

Since it's already there, your options are limited.

IF it bothers you or causes problems, guess you could fill it .... silicon ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Personally, i’d leave the hole alone and not worry about it.
    re alignment, if the adhesive is now completely ineffective, you could try thin, double sided tape... A sweep test will bring out any buzzes. I’d just visually center it and test. It sounds like you’re experiencing more back pressure from the foam than I would expect (not having the factory foam is why I suggested trimming it a bit more; the compression doesn’t need to be more than a mm or two as the dome excursion is very small).

Ok, I see. As you say, it's already there so... Guess I'll ignore it for now and proceed. I should be able to generate a sweep test, hopefully that will tell me something. It's a backup, but I still hope it's working ok. I've found that vintage gear often needs some investment in time or parts, or both. And some self education, so thanks for your guidance and input .

This guy is fixing a 2412h driver, https://youtu.be/YNaTzoI-i7M
    The 2412h uses a foam plug see 2:42-3:12. I wonder what they do to replace them? 2412h seems like a more current product?
    And, they have "direct copy of 035Tia" which has "Foam plug behind dome to reduce unwanted ringing and resonance" https://www.simplyspeakers.com/repla...-t-035tia.html

I sent them a request, maybe it could be possible to get plugs from them...

There was someone selling an equivalent item (as stated by the seller) on ebay at one time (?) or perhaps contact member Edgewound for one of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagfinn View Post
    Ok, I see. As you say, it's already there so... Guess I'll ignore it for now and proceed. I should be able to generate a sweep test, hopefully that will tell me something. It's a backup, but I still hope it's working ok. I've found that vintage gear often needs some investment in time or parts, or both. And some self education, so thanks for your guidance and input .

This guy is fixing a 2412h driver, https://youtu.be/YNaTzoI-i7M
    The 2412h uses a foam plug see 2:42-3:12. I wonder what they do to replace them? 2412h seems like a more current product?
    And, they have "direct copy of 035Tia" which has "Foam plug behind dome to reduce unwanted ringing and resonance" https://www.simplyspeakers.com/repla...-t-035tia.html

I sent them a request, maybe it could be possible to get plugs from them...

Thread Information