Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
I won't say I didn't enjoy seeing Greg get the exposure he deserves. Apologies for focusing on the negative. I should have realized the backlash being a discontent among all the discontents here would engender.

My (brief) ten-year career as an automotive journalist between my 20- then 14-year stints in BMW sales started with my constantly bringing attention to errors-of-fact in my beloved magazine. So I was hired first as a proof-reader ending that vocation as Managing Editor and feature writer. The errors-of-fact that now plague that mag I attribute to them just not caring or hiring someone without knowledge of the subject matter. So I guess I come by the critic role somewhat as second nature.

Can't say I don't get a giggle when I'm reading an article about vehicle mods to the few remaining manual-transmission models out there and see the coverage talking about "short-shitters".

But when even Ian starts complaining about complainers and resorts to political news-clips for emphasis—I know we've carried this too far!
I also know sometimes the truth hurts!
Hi Phil,

Hey l acknowledge your thought & I appreciate your sensitivity.

No offence taken or meant. I now get your lens.

The problem with this medium is the lack of sentiment.

When something is dropped and Greg agreed to it being passed on my recommendation is that Rob keeps the thread focused on that information and nothing else.

PS. How is that new house of yours going music wise?

Cheers

Ian