Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
Interesting interview and I like the form that Erin provide the time to actually explore different topics. In a world where everything is 2-minute sound bites this is refreshing.

He has also done interviews with Sean Olive and Floyd Toole that I find very interesting. Well worth a listening.

It would be very interesting to find out what settings Mr. Timbers uses in the DSP for both the home brewed Everests and his S9900. I understand that he uses FIR filters but XO points and corrections would be very interesting to see.
I will see what l can find out.
I’m pleased you could see the positives and l agree completely. It was an informal chat.

Greg doesn’t mince words and gets straight to the point. I think that’s what came across in that discussion. There’s no magic. It’s about well designed drivers (the woofers) and making the right decisions about a system at different price points. Some systems are a surprise as it turns out.

The key point about the new horn is the vertical diffraction slot.

I also agree it’s fun watching the content like ants eating a scrap of food on the floor. They come from everywhere fighting over a scrap trying to get a word in.

On the crossover Greg is a beta tester of the new advanced 8 output model. I received an email from DEQX this week announcing the final release of beta product at US$6,995.00. The GUI is no where near ready according to Greg and it will be at least 6 months before any further updates. Wait for it. The MRRP will be a wallet burning US$15,000.00 for the model with X active and 8 outputs. The market for this thing is hi end exclusive loudspeakers using the DEQX platform.

Btw I’ve often had drop outs with Teams. I depends on a number of factors including the load on the network and the available bandwidth.