Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
To reduce the number of spammers I have been manually admitting new members for the past decade plus. It takes time and while it is not 100% effective, it did reduce the spammers.

I stopped manually admitting new members last fall. I automated the process and within a few days we had hundreds of new bot members mostly from Russia, but also from other locations. After seeing what a simple human verification tool allowed, I blocked all new members and no new members have been admitted since then.

If you can get AK to step up and take over running Lansing Heritage, that would be great.

Widget
Well that’s a noble effort.

At one point we had a number of volunteers.

Would it be as appropriate to look to a Poll or a consensus from a slice of the membership to consider self management of essential functions like membership?

A membership secretary is an essential role in most clubs.

Reconers, Parts Express might be interested in some form of sponsorship

Jamin Jersey is another one. If they posted their JBL drivers in the market place with a member price it would attract membership.

I get messages from Facebook to join likeminded Groups all the time. But there are only so many hours in a day.

What is the financial cost of running a forum? Is a forum the most appropriate flat form for this type of focus group? Theres so much detail in this scene as a topic it’s better said than key strokes.

These days people engaging in podcasts. A once a month podcast like a news letter or a group catch could have a lot of meaning. Someone might enjoy doing that.

A presence on Instagram.

Those sort of activities bring vitality to a Focus Group.