Connecting a DVM to the speaker terminals simply tells you that there's a coil of wire in there, reassuring but not terribly useful. If you want to ascertain that the woofer is doing something useful install a copy of AudioTools on your smart phone ( https://www.studiosixdigital.com/aud...ools-platform/ ) or acquire some other way of generating sine waves and sweep a tone from the lowest frequency your woofer is designed to produce to about an octave above the highest frequency of interest. Does it sound clean and undistorted? Does the level vary substantially from start to end? Thats the beginning of the process. To evaluate further download a copy of REW and RTFM on how to measure the impedance curve of the woofer. Impedance is what the woofer presents to the driving voltage of the amplifier and constitutes the valuable information. Resistance is what the DVM measures and does not constitute valuable information.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
Alrighty. So, hook my multimeter up to the woofer and check resistance as I push the cone in? How much deviation from 8ohms is acceptable? (EDIT: just saw the spec sheet for the 2245H, 7.1ohms +/-10% @ 25 degrees C is the minimum acceptable impedance.)

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.