Hi, recently i bought some 2225 baskets in the hope to recone them, using some 2235 recone kits. ive read tons of threads about this and all the controversy about those kits that will never be like the oem one, bla bla blaoem 2235 kit is nla for decades so there isnt many options.there is a lot of comments in thoses threads about the final weight of the cones and most seem to be off.as mentioned in thoses threads there is a defenitive missing 20g from the recone kits, both from SS and "speaker guy" from ebay. ive weighted a old oem, marked 2225h cone to be 95g, the ebay cone is 105g, both confirmed by dry weight and once assembled into the frame using DATS. my attemp is to build 2234 since i dont have mass ring.2234 effective moving mass is stated at 120g from public specs so i need 15g more to "comply" with that spec.my only guess is that the 2234/2235 cones where heavier/thicker to start with when JBL made them. Fs recone kit is 30hz from now, from a new assembly, untrained stiff cone. i guess FS will drop a bit once break in.since its a test/experiment, whould adding Aquaplas to the back of the cone be a sacrilege to add up some of the missing weight ?15 doesnt seem to be much to reach.thanks.