Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
The normal review process is that either a registered online publication or magazine will contact the manufacturer or visa versa and reach an agreement to review the product. The manufacturer sends the product with a full editorial of fact checked information for review . The reviewer will confirm the product is functioning correctly with the manufacturer. The reviewer sends the completed review to the manufacturer to be fact checked before publication. The review itself can’t necessarily be changed. In the case of a technical review it’s often done independently of the reviewer. The reviewer is a professional journalist with a long experience in the industry on the process of reviewing a product. The reviewer should have no influence over the technical testing.

I don’t look at these online talk feasts. I was searching for something else and l saw the drama. The best place to work out if a loudspeaker is for you is a product dealer who will assist you in your evaluation.
I think you are making too broad a statement.

There are reputable magazines and reviewers and there are gas bags publishing their opinions in some of the same magazines on how changing a power cable made a night and day difference. On-line there are serious and thoughtful reviews and there are folks who will say anything to gain clicks.

As with any other endeavor, caveat emptor. We need to evaluate each on its own merits and make use of the reviews as appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
So who looks at the spinaroma data and Kllppel data from on line reviews? Do you put any weight on it?

I do when there is a speaker reviewed I am interested in. I also think there is a lot of good data in the Klippel data you don't see even with manufacturers who do publish measurements.
Heck yeah... the Klippel measurement system is a phenomenal advance and the spinorama data is very useful... Floyd Toole is no on-line hack and he places a lot of value in this data.

Widget