Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOS JBL - What would YOU do?

NOS JBL - What would YOU do?

Hi all, I was looking for some advice and I think this might be the right forum for it.
    Hypothetically speaking, lets assume someone came across a few containers worth of NOS JBL parts and some speakers. They, in all probability would have been stored for the last few decades in a humidity controlled warehouse.

This lot may or may not include a pair eace of 4410A and 4430 NOS BNIB, multiple pieces of 2220H, 2225J,2226j,2402, 2426H, 2427J, many controls, all the way to a few pairs of LSR25Ps.

Assuming it happened, and said 'someone' was trying to find the best way to deal with the goods AND he wasn't based in the US but rather somewhere in Asia, would you.

1. look for a liquidator in the US, someone to buy the whole load off you
    2. Attempt to find someone in Japan to buy the whole lot
    3. Start an ebay shop to sell,
    4. Any other suggestions?

Given this hypothetical situation, would anyone have any advice as to how one might approach the situation?

Any advice much appreciated.

Keep iT !

Hi there,

I would keep it in Asia. There is nothing that special in the description . The items you have would have too much competition in the US to make it worth the shipping and duty charges.

Most of the items are for Pro applications. I would think about shipping to Africa or China, even Brazil.

Good luck , Rich

I would assume that perhaps the "white van scam" has been replaced by a "white container scam" and that the parts are probably counterfeit parts, if they even exist.

About the "white van scam" for those who don't know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

I Must Have It

Please Sir

I send you check for twice the amount requested.

You then cash check and send me extra funds packaged in container with parts.

I makee it worfth your while.

Thank You sirs.

I await your rapid response.

Oldmics-(Nigerian version)

Good one..........

Assuming the poster is hypothetically a scammer as it pretty much hypothetically looks like an hypothetical scam...

Maron Horonzakz
    I would suspect it was stolen property..

Ah yes , the internet doesn't do much to foster a sense of trust in your fellow man I suppose. Whats with all the mistrust mates? im not asking you to buy anything.

well, just to clarify, no they aren't in containers yet, just in warehouses.
    and the warehouses aren't white and are not really mobile.
    There are a whole bunch of spare parts and some gems. Like a crown reference 1, and old Ureis. Which have been seconded.

The 4430s are really BNIB. still packed. Big buggers they are.

Im just not too sure what to do with them. I have seen some drivers, and some woofers on Ebay. So I assume they are of value to some people.

Is there any place where people would be interested in a whole buncha JBL spare parts?

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolll View Post
    Ah yes , the internet doesn't do much to foster a sense of trust in your fellow man I suppose. Whats with all the mistrust mates? im not asking you to buy anything.

There are a whole bunch of spare parts and some gems. Like a crown reference 1, and old Ureis. Which have been seconded.

Im just not too sure what to do with them. I have seen some drivers, and some woofers on Ebay. So I assume they are of value to some people.

Is there any place where people would be interested in a whole buncha JBL spare parts?
    Pretty sure a number of folks here have sold stuff into the Asian market - seems to be a lot of collectors over there ... lot of shops too!
    Why not try local sales first?
    Seems shipping fees stateside would eat your profit margin!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Yes, the eastern Asian market is the right one since that's where the goods may be. It wouldn't make any sense at all to move them out of Asia.

Of course, "Asia" is a somewhat generic term geographically. Japan? Korea? China? Hong Kong? Turkey? India? Russia? Iran?
    Out.

We have members in Australia and NZ among other parts of Asia and I'm confident they would be interested in JBL spares and speakers, assuming they haven't been washed away in all the floods.

You best bets though would be countries with known collectors or improving economies where spending is good. Got any hypothetical pics of anything?
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

No floods here, only earthquakes!

Ah sooooo.

The Old Hypothetical Asian Warehouse Full of NOS JBL Conundrum. What to do with it all!

Interesting, very interesting indeed.

Thomas

Hi all, I was looking for some advice and I think this might be the right forum for it.
    Hypothetically speaking, lets assume someone came across a few containers worth of NOS JBL parts and some speakers. They, in all probability would have been stored for the last few decades in a humidity controlled warehouse.

This lot may or may not include a pair eace of 4410A and 4430 NOS BNIB, multiple pieces of 2220H, 2225J,2226j,2402, 2426H, 2427J, many controls, all the way to a few pairs of LSR25Ps.

Assuming it happened, and said 'someone' was trying to find the best way to deal with the goods AND he wasn't based in the US but rather somewhere in Asia, would you.

1. look for a liquidator in the US, someone to buy the whole load off you
    2. Attempt to find someone in Japan to buy the whole lot
    3. Start an ebay shop to sell,
    4. Any other suggestions?

Given this hypothetical situation, would anyone have any advice as to how one might approach the situation?

Any advice much appreciated.

Have you thought about discussing your hypothetical proposition with the Taliban?

I hear they're in the market for some good tunes and they'll even pay you in goats if you like (keeps the tax and customs folks out of things).

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Thomas

Thread Information