Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
What an incredible room . . . and contents! The floor and wall surfaces look quite hard, and lively. Is the treatment all handled in the articulated ceiling?
After many years I got a permit to build a dedicated HT and Music hall and so I did.The Hall is underground, made out of Concrete, connected to the main house through the basement but phisically disconnected in order to avoid transmission of vibrations or sound to the main house.Fully acustically treated, the walls are commercial wood panels with holes, they are mounted 8 inches from the concrete walls and inside there is sound absorbing wool 3 inch thick.The ceiling is made of perforated and wave sagomated steel panels, on top of those more absorbing wool. The ceiling panels are hanging from the ceiling with steel cables and are free to vibrate to absorb sound energy.The acustic is really good it is not anechoic nor too reverberant.It can handle the huge power installed on 8 JBL monitors and 4 subwoofers without a sweat and play loud in the middle of the night without disturbing the house or neighbours.The most important investment in my opinion to listen to music or movies is a good acustic treatment, better if designed and realized from scratch.