Hello,
Can someone povide me some information about Altec A7 (or A7-500) components combination to match with an SET 300B tube amp with just 8 watts power? One of the good thing, as you know , about this kind of amps was the astonishing middle range and its sweet sound with acoustic instruments. I hear a lot of dfferent music: acoustic jazz, classic, folk, world, rock, etc. son aldo up and down frequencyies are also a matter.
One matter that I have read is regarding magnetism loss on the old alnico magnets, so in my pre selection I will put the last one on HF: 802G and for LF 416 B . This is because I also have read about magic alnico-set combo, but being honestly, I don't know nothing about it, because I have never heard and alnico magnet with my SET amp. For this reazon also my second preselection was 902A ferrite magnet and 416C or 515-18G combo. About sectoral difusor I'm in doubt because I do'nt know which one, 511B or 811B match best in a house use. Obviously same thing with the crossover: 500 or 800HZ? . My living room has 3.47 meters X 5meters, but I only can put the audio equipment on the large side, so 3.47 meter is the distance to load. For LF horn, I supose that 828 is the one, this is not problem for me. I'm an architect with some skill and I can build this cabinets by myself.
Thank you very much in advance,
AD