Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: LE15A/375/075 Box Design

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I actually started with looking at those and they would work fine. The SSR was only $12, is silent and didn't require a cap for emf suppression.
    +1. Magic.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I've finally been able to carve out the time to work on these speakers. I have just replaced my 075s with a very nice pair of 077s (before and after pictures below). No cabinet mod's required. They sound noticeably better. Breathier and a certain harshness is gone.

Before
    Name:  IMG_3465.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  55.8 KB

After
    Name:  IMG_3463.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  47.5 KB

I'm also getting ready to try-amp these (really quad-amp as the 2245H based sub-will be in the mix as well). They were quad-amped before with an Ashly 4001, but it died and I was able to get a few buck on eBay for it. It's being replaced with a MiniDSP 4x10HD that should arrive coming Wednesday. I've already downloaded the configuration software which allows me to start configuring them even without the box being connected. The MiniDSP has two analog inputs and 8 outputs. Each input and output has 5 paramedic eq's available which I will configure another day when I have some help with measurement equipment. Today I played around with estimating the acoustic centers of each driver using only the crudest of tools (ruler) and configuring the delays. These will serve as a starting point and hope to later set them using actual measurements. I've also laid in the crossover frequencies. Going with LR 24db/octave.

Output Screen Shot
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 4.44.40 PM.png
Views: 506
Size:  111.7 KB
    Channel 2 Crossover Screen Shot
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 5.17.28 PM.png
Views: 473
Size:  78.2 KB

Thread Information