Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K2 9800

CLASS A

K2 9800

Dear all
    Anyone can advice me of how good the K2 9800 is compared to the 250TI Jubilee and what sort of gains I will see?. I have a chance to buy a pair of these at a very good price.

Thanks in advance.

For that type of investment you really must audition them for yourself. Those two speakers are so different you may find audio nirvana, or see it as a giant step backward.

Widget

CLASS A
    Thanks for the comment Mr W. I will bear that in mind and audition it. With the investment in mind, I expect to see a gain to my 250 jubilees. Anyone out there owns a pair of the K2???????

Cheers

Smile Location?

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS A
    Thanks for the comment Mr W. I will bear that in mind and audition it. With the investment in mind, I expect to see a gain to my 250 jubilees. Anyone out there owns a pair of the K2???????

Cheers
    Your location might help determine if anyone near you has some and would allow an audition.
    Out.

CLASS A
    Thanks T.D., I live in the Uk. JBL's out here are not popular, so it is abit hard to find someone with a pair in their living room.....

Cheers

Well then before you spend >$10K on a pair of speakers it sounds like you'll need to spend a little on airfare first...

Widget

oh, how bad can it be? just buy them!

the big change will probably going from direct radiators to horn driven mid and high

and according to the specs the 9800 are 4dB more sensitive, but probably have a slightly less prominent low end

well I haven't ever heard any of the 250 or 9800, but I'd bet my money on the 9800

frank

Dear all
    Anyone can advice me of how good the K2 9800 is compared to the 250TI Jubilee and what sort of gains I will see?. I have a chance to buy a pair of these at a very good price.

Thanks in advance.
    If you can afford a pair of K2-S9800 then buy a pair of 1400 Array.
    People who make sound their business depend on JBL for their sound.

CLASS A
    Why would the K2 9800 might have a slightly less prominent low end even though the K2 have a 15" compared to a 14" bass driver unit on the 250???

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by frank23
    oh, how bad can it be? just buy them!

the big change will probably going from direct radiators to horn driven mid and high

and according to the specs the 9800 are 4dB more sensitive, but probably have a slightly less prominent low end

well I haven't ever heard any of the 250 or 9800, but I'd bet my money on the 9800

frank

CLASS A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Thanks for the info, I dont understand alot about graphs but the K2's one shows a much more flatter response through out the range with with higher DB. Please correct me if Im wrong, but I think it is telling me that the bass is more than enough and not shy compared to the other speakers in the test.
    Cheers

You are correct. That's supposedly actual in-room response, as well.

There's also a link to a review of them somewhere on the forum.

Like Lancer, I'd like someone here on the forum to own the new Project Array flagship speakers, tho.

[So's they can tell us ALL about them.... ]

I couldn't care less who owns them or what they have to say about them.

I do want a pair though. I would get a pair of the 800 Array.

CLASS A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    You are correct. That's supposedly actual in-room response, as well.

There's also a link to a review of them somewhere on the forum.

Like Lancer, I'd like someone here on the forum to own the new Project Array flagship speakers, tho.

[So's they can tell us ALL about them.... ]
    Cheers Z, ever since I purchased my pair of 250 ti Jubilee, I have not come across another pair of speakers which gives me a all round performance and that includes the B & W N800. The bass with the 250's is just fab and the last thing I want is to loose that. Since the K2 is the flagship model, things should only get better.....

Regards

The bass with the 250's is just fab and the last thing I want is to loose that. Since the K2 is the flagship model, things should only get better.....
    I think it is safe to say that the bass will be quite different with the K2. I have used the 1500AL (the woofer used in the K2-S9800) I have used the 1500AL in several sized boxes with different tunings and the bass is extremely articulate. This woofer is probably the best sounding 15" woofer I have ever heard but the bass is decidedly thin. This might be an asset in some rooms, but not in mine. The 14" woofer in the 250s has considerably greater low frequency extension than the 15" in the K2. Since the 250 has a low crossover point to the 8" midbass driver it doesn't need to be quite as articulate as that required in the JBL Flagship with it's 800Hz crossover point.

Again, you may prefer the sound of the K2-S9800. I am sure many do, but I am also sure that there are many who would prefer the 250Ti. It will depend on your associated equipment, the room, and your listening preferences.

Widget

Thread Information