Thread: Mid Life crisis part II

Mid Life crisis part II

Guess what I just did? I just bought those c-61 Sovereign's that are on ebay and Audiogon from Chicago, sorry I couldn't add a link here to access their page as I haven't figured out how to add a hyper-link in this windows xp pro yet.Any help in adding a link would be appreciated. I will be selling my 4425 here pretty shortly any offers I 'm listening. What a piece of art these C-61 Sovereign's are. I think I will enjoy them much better than the 4425's. There is a link on this
    forum under marketplace. You have to see these to believe them. What do ya think?

Sovereigns are beautiful. High WAF too.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

congratulations

They are indeed beautiful.

You'd be much happier if you kept all your speakers and never sold any, however.
    Out.

Making up for lost time

The best part is you'll have both around. Don't be in a hurry to let anything go that you'll regret later. Get to know them a little if you can.

chuck

Ummmm, don't sell your 4425's JUST yet....

JBL SOVEREIGNS II

Well I just picked up my Sovereign II'S and what a work of art. I have never seen any speakers look this good for being so old. To walk into this guy's home was like walking into a museum. Not only did he have it all but they were all in perfect condition. Ton's of JBL'S and Mac amps everywhere. Even had a set of perfect looking L100's hanging in the garage. It was sweet to see. This goes out to you RIESSEN: I saw the set of speakers you built for Pete and I must admit that I wish you were my friend also. They were beautiful to look at. Hands off to you for an excellent job. You were right about Pete,what a class act.It is people like these that keep our dreams alive. It is I believe a gift for someone to sell a set of speakers that look this good are this old and allow someone else to enjoy,I know it was not the money,I am grateful for such a prize and please tell your friend Pete that they will always look this good. Oh by the way, I did have one up on him when I arrived. He liked my Ranger Rover better than his own. HE has the discovery and I have the Range Rover 4.6 HSE.Again I made a deal with my wife this time I have to get rid of the 4425's. A slim price to pay I think?

Hi Jim: Thanx for the compliments and I'll relay your happiness to Pete on the Sov II's. . I've known him for quite some time and the list of JBL's and Mac that's gone back and fourth between us is way too long to list. Money is never discussed - profit/loss is never a concern. Earlier in the day before your visit I was there dropping off two Dynaco 70's and some speaker grilles, and picked up L150A's, a mint MI3 and a few other accessories. This was about chapter 102 in Rick and Pete's Most Excellent Adventure. We're always doing something. The speaker pair that you mentioned is a strange brew for sure. They were a test project a while back. They ended up ported about the same volume as a 4333 with 2231H's, 2461's with phenolic diaphragms and a rare pair of 2403's. They're awesome on about 40 watts of tube power. I called them my 4335's for the lack of a better name. They would befefit from some custom cross-over work to replace the 3115's and 3106's. Maybe I'll get Pete fired up in that direction some day. Sounds like we're close so drop me a line and some time we'll get together to talk JBL. Regards

Thread Information