Thread: Westlake BBSM15

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    norealtalent

Westlake BBSM15

Thank you to all who encouraged and assisted me in this (and all my endeavors.) A special thanks to Sherwood Davies at Westlake Audio who went out of his way to provide the technical information I needed. And thank you all for allowing me the greatest joy of audio, having people as passionate as myself to share it with.

http://www.westlakeaudio.com/Speaker...es/bbsm15.html

Each cab is loaded with (2) 2235H, (1) 2122H, (1) 2426J and a WICKED hand custom built 3 way bi-ampable crossover.

Preliminary listening results are in:

I have them both up and running for preliminary
    testing (temporarilly on their sides due to space limitations!) I think I will like them very much. I've only listened about 40 minutes but I think they are going to be amazing. They have so much of what I love my JBL's for but are cleaner, quicker and more defined. When I try to think of how to describe them, I can't. The differences are distinct yet so undefineable with a first impression. I am using the factory passive x's, powered by 300wpc SS Perreaux PMF3150 bottom and 40wpc tube Goldentube Audio SE40 on top, Goldentube SEP-1 SE preamp(for now.) The SE40 just isn't enough for the lower mids but thats what was in the rack. I'll upgrade to the 100wpc tube CJ Premiere Four later today. First impressions: they have the SLF of a 250ti with the PUNCH of an L300. They have a smooth HF , even with the titanium diaphragm, without the harshness of a 4343. When I fired them up, my wife came in and even sat down to listen! After a few minutes she smiled and said,"What do you think? I like them." Black "refrigerators" in the livingroom with high WAF!!! Ken is right, these are a whole different league. More on that later...Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information