Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Number registry?

001 system in factory? lo-boy cabinet

001 system in factory? lo-boy cabinet. The cabinet's legs have been replaced with casters, but there's a brass emblem on the grille and factory color-coded hook-up wires connected to the crossover.
    Seller says they were told the original build date was March 1956 which would seem to be in the ball-park.

130A serial number 10531
    175 serial number 3479
    N1200 serial number not given, maybe 14## (?)
    1217-1290 horn serial number not given

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-JIM-LANSING-...QQcmdZViewItem

from auction description:
    JBL JIM LANSING SIGNATURE CABINET 130A 175 N1200 GRAY
    This Jim Lansing signature speaker system, in what I believe to be a very rare Jim Lansing signature cabinet from the early 50's. The signature cabinet in good cosmetic condition. The grill is in great condition still mint and still has the original JBL badge on it. No rips as well. In all the catalogs and all the years of seeing vintage Jbl equipment I have never seen this type of cabinet. This exact one was given to me by my grandfather, and youve heard all the stories, He only used it on sundays, well close he used it for his turntable to hear his Frank Sinatra records.So it truly has not been abused. I have no clue if he bought it new, but It would not suprise me at all if he did.
    This cabinet comes equipped with vintage Jbl Audio equipment. All of which is amazing cosmetic and working condition. They look amazing for there age! I would say that they are pretty much mint condition. They are completely 100% original. The working condition is superb, It sounds just incredible. The 130-A is in great working condition no rips, tears, cracks or hairlines. The cone and dust cover is 100% original. (see photos)
    The 175 is in great condition. It is the old gray and crinkle version. It has both red seals still intact. The driver was fully tested and had a nice sharp sound. It comes with it original horn and mounting bracket. (see photos) The N-1200 crossover is also in good condition it is one of the eldest versions and is in great working condition. It does have the hi, low, and med switch for gain control. Inside the cabinet there is another hole for what looks to be a tweeter. The back has been taken off a few times probley to see what was in it, I personaly have not done anything to this unit and have had it for many years.This unit weighs 90lbs and measures 27 inches tall including coaster wheels, 36 inches wide and 16 inches deep. Enjoy and check the photos out !! The question at the bottom is answerd incorectly, I meant to say March of 1956 NOT 1965. Thanks
    Q:
    Hi Klassywunz, Can you please tell me the serial numbers of the components (woofer,driver,horn,crossover) in this cabinet? Thanks and good luck with your auction! Glen
    A:Hi, The numbers are 10531 on the woofer and 3479 on the tweeter. I was told the year made is march of 1965. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Glen,
    who knows here in the Forum, where the numbers are placed?
    and let him know where they are.
    HP
    PS: the first Minigon in the JBL-Registry
    Hi HP,
    I haven't ever seen a Minigon with a serial number on the cabinet.
    And this may be the earliest pair of Minigons I've ever seen as they have the brass JBL logo that is actually shaped like an exclamation point. Every other example I have seen has the later silver and black emblem with exclamation point on a rectangular plate.
    glen

Lancer 77s with serial numbers

Lancer 77s with serial numbers on ebay. NOT being parted out.
    Seller lists serial numbers (except for one passive radiator).
    I think the woofers he identifies as LE10 may be LE10A since their serial numbers are so high, but I'll keep his LE10 I.D. here:

L77 cabinets serial number 97241 and 97244
    LE10 serial number 23666 and 23972
    LE20-1 serial number 31576 and 32043
    LX4-2 crossover serial number 15102 and 15280
    PR10 serial number 17078 (other un-numbered)

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

This pair of Lancer 77's includes all grills and name plates (badges on the backs too), two LE10A's (10 inch woofers), two matching PR10's (passive radiators), two LE20-1's (tweeters) and two LX4-2 (crossovers), Grills and Cabinets too, of course. Speakers are in mint condition. The cabinets are excellent with only minor scuffs and some water marks where someone left their cup. These weigh about 40 lbs each. Both speakers perform beautifully and sound great, no voice coil rub either. All speakers are rated for 8 ohms.
    Serial numbers are as follows:
    Speaker 1
    LE 10 23972
    LE 20-1 32043
    LX4-2 15280
    PR 10 17078
    Cabinet 97244

Speaker 2
    LE 10 23666
    LE 20-1 31576
    LX4-2 15102
    PR10 not recorded
    Cabinet 97241
    glen

Custom system with JBL/Bozak parts

Custom system with JBL/Bozak parts listed in separate auctions on ebay.
    Seller pulled these from cabinets he believes were built in 1960. That date seems in the ballpark to me, maybe a little early.

Bozak B-199A 12 inch woofers
    275 serial number 774 and 775
    N600 crossovers serial number 1620 and 1621
    H5040 horns, no serial number given.

woofers in auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Gorgeous-Bozak...QQcmdZViewItem

(2) Bozak B-199A Woofers Beautiful!
    This is a beautiful and super rare pair of B-199A 12" Woofers!
    They are in beautiful operational and cosmetic condition.
    These were acquired from the original owner and have very low hours on them!
    They were housed in a sealed custom enclosure since 1960 and were played seldomly!
    These are very rare...especially in this condition. These are almost never offered for sale on ebay!
    Even the original factory cork is intact and in perfect condition!
    I am also auctioning the matched pair of JBL N600 Crossovers, JBL 275 Drivers & JBL 5040 horns. Please check my other auctions!

drivers and horns in auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Gorgeous-JBL-2...QQcmdZViewItem

JBL 275 Drivers & 5040 Horns RARE!
    This is a gorgeous and super rare pair of JBL 275 Drivers and 5040 Horns! They are in beautiful operational and cosmetic condition.
    All of the original red wax seals are intact.
    They were housed in a sealed custom enclosure since 1960 and were played seldomly!
    These are very rare...especially in this condition. These are almost never offered for sale on ebay!
    I am also auctioning the matched pair of N600 dividing networks as well. Please check my other auctions!

crossovers in auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Gorgeous-JBL-N...QQcmdZViewItem

JBL N600 Crossovers RARE!
    This is a gorgeous and super rare pair of N600 Crossovers!
    They are in beautiful operational and cosmetic condition.
    They even have the original factory stamps intact.
    I am also auctioning the matched pair of 275 Drivers & 5040 horns. Please check my other auctions!
    glen

S-1 systems with dated warranty card in Barzilay cabinets

S-1 systems with warranty cards dated 8/11/1967 in Barzilay cabinets in an ebay auction. Seller lists serial numbers, including a 'spare' pair of LE14A woofers

LE14A serial number
    LE175 serial number
    LX10 crossovers serial number
    1217-1290 horn not listed
    (seller only listed driver serial numbers of LE175DLH)

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

OWN YOUR OWN PIECE OF JBL HISTORY
    1967 MINT BARZILAY CABINETS with all jbl equipment---L200 STYLE
    cabinets
    LE14A WOOFERS, LE175 HORN/DRIVER AND LX5 CROSSOVER (comes with
    spare pair of LE14A woofers)
    THESE BARZILAY CABINETS ARE FOR ANY EXPERIENCED JBL COLLECTOR (or
    beginning collector) WHO
    REALLY WANTS TO SHOW THEIR GOOD TASTE IN BOTH SOUND AND LOOKS!
    THESE BARZILAY CABINETS COME FROM THE 1967 ERA OF FINE CABINET
    CRAFTSMANSHIP.
    THE SPEAKERS HAVE Similiar SOUND & COMPONENTS AS THE JBL L200
    STUDIO MONITORs.
    THE CABINETS HAVE NEVER BEEN OPENED (except for the current
    pictures).
    THOSE OF US WHO WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE AVERAGE JBL
    CABINET in THE '60s,
    WENT TO BARZILAY TO HAVE THEIR CABINETS MADE TO JBL
    SPECIFICATIONS!
    THESE CABINETS ARE IN MINT CONDITION!

THESE CABINETS ARE SO 1960's VINTAGE, THEY SCREAM 1960s
    By looking at them you can tell they can bLEND WITH ANY DECOR!
    YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW BEAUTIFUL THESE SPEAKERS ARE UNTIL THEY
    REACH YOUR MUSIC ROOM.
    THESE BEAUTIFUL CABINETS HAVE EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL FRONT GRILLES.
    THE FRONT GRILLES ARE IN MINT CONDITION ~ THERE ARE NO BREAKS OR
    CHIPS ANYWHERE.
    THERE MAY BE SMALL SURFACE SCRATCHES ON EITHER SPEAKER cabinet BUT
    NONE NOTICABLE UNLESS YOU GO
    OVER IT WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB AND REALLY LOOK FOR SOMETHING. THE
    SPEAKERS and cabinets ARE AS ORIGINAL
    AS POSSIBLE - THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN REPLACED OR RE-CONED SINCE THEY
    WERE PURCHASED IN 1967.
    EACH JBL SPEAKER COMES WITH ITS OWN 1967 FACTORY WARRANTY CARD,
    WITH ITS OWN
    TRACEABLE SERIAL NUMBER ON EACH ID CARD
    (some items also have very low consecutive serial numbers)
    (all warranty cards are dated 8/11/1967)
    Woofers LE14A - 9414/9415
    Horns LE175DLH - driver 5877/5807
    Crossover LX10 - 12099/12149
    extra set LE14A woofers - 9059/10818
    EACH BARZILAY CABINET COMES WITH ORIGINAL LE14A WOOFER, LE175DLH
    HORN, LENS,
    DRIVER (WITH RED WAX SEALS IN PLACE), AND LX10 CROSS-OVER.
    IF YOU FEEL THE original LE14A WOOFER SURRROUNDS ARE STIFF, YOU
    MAY REPLACE them WITH THE 2ND SET OF LE14A WOOFERS (included in
    purchase price)
    AND STILL HAVE ORIGINAL 1967 EQUIPMENT!
    (*ONE SMALL DENT, BARELY NOTICABLE, AT TOP OF ONE GRILL FRAME)
    glen

JBL 4435

Ser.# 256616 # 256551

2421A HF drivers
    2234H woofers

All components model numbers are stamped with white paint, no folcals.
    2421A drivers are stamped June 23-1983

Thanks for the info John!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    JBL 4435

Ser.# 256616 # 256551

2421A HF drivers
    2234H woofers

All components model numbers are stamped with white paint, no folcals.
    2421A drivers are stamped June 23-1983
    glen

L44 Lancers parted out

L44 Lancers parted out in an ebay auction, sellers says black painted cabinets and grilles are available.

LE8T serial number 30172* and 53937
    PR8 serial number 24255 and 24094
    *I think this earlier LE8T is a replacement

in L44 cabinets serial number 20870 and 20868

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

I HAVE A PAIR JBL LE8T AND THE ACCOMPANYING PASSIVE RADIATORS FOR SALE... THE ODD THING IS ONE IS AN 8 OHM AND THE OTHER IS A 16 OHM. THE CABINETS WERE WITHIN A FEW #'S OF EACH OTHER SO ONE OF THE DRIVERS MUST HAVE BEEN REPLACED AT SOME TIME, ONE IS IN THE 30,000'S AND THE OTHER IS IN THE 50,000'S SERIAL # RANGE. IN THE PICTURES, THE DOMES YOU SEE AREDINGED, THE OTHER TWO ARE NOT, I THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW THE WORSE OF THE SET. I AM SELLING ANY AND ALL OF THIS SET UP AS IS. I'LL SHIP THE CABS TOO IF YOU WANT. THEY ARE BEAT UP A BIT AND SPRAY PAINTED BLACK AS ARE THE GRILLS. ALL OF THE DRIVERS FUNCTION FINE BUT DO NEED SURROUNDS. ALSO INCLUDED.....ORIGINAL MOUNTING SCREWS AND GASKETS. ASK ?'S. THANKS.

Q:Hi MuyRetarded, Can you please tell me the serial numbers of theses speakers and the cabinets they came out of? Thanks and good luck with your auction! Glen
    A:cabs are 20870 and 20868, the speakers are 53937 and 30172, the passive radiators are 24255 and 24094. thanks for askin'.
    glen

L100 parts

L100 parts in separate ebay auctions.

123A-1 serial number 49564 and 49723
    LE5-2 serial number 39761 and 39973
    LE20-1 serial number 125500 and 126090

from L100 cabinets serial number 26921 and 26993

woofers in ebay auction:

Up for bids is this pair of JBL 123A-1 woofers out of a pair of JBL L100 Century speakers. Serial numbers 49564 and 49723
    They measure 12" in diameter and weigh about 9 lb each.
    They were taken off of a working pair of speakers were the cabinets were not in very good shape. One of the woofers had a crack about one inch long in the paper cone that I repaired with a thin coat of GE silicone sealant on both sides.
    I tested the woofer and it sounds pretty good without any signs of distortion, just as the other one. On both woofers the cloth surrounds are very pliable without any signs of deterioration.

These are delicate items, and will have to go very well packaged and double boxed in order to protect them during the trip. Please see the shipping calculator at the bottom of the page for a rate to your place.
    Please email with any questions before placing your bid, or if you need other pictures.
    Postal Money Orders, Cashiers Check or PayPal will ship your item within 48 hours after payment is received. Personal Checks have to clear first.
    Thanks for looking and have fun. I have the midranges and tweeters from the same speakers, please check my other auctions.
    Q:Hi Pane73, Can you please tell me the serial numbers of the cabinets these came out of? Thanks and good luck with your auction! Glen
    A:Hi Glen, the serial numbers are 26921 and 26993

midranges in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270055675694

Up for bids is this pair of JBL LE 5-2 Linear Efficiency midrange drivers out of a pair of JBL L100 Century speakers. Serial numbers 39761 and 39973
    They measure 4 1/2" across and weigh about 3 lb each.
    They were taken off of a working pair of speakers were the cabinets were not in very good shape.
    The drivers are in excellent condition, the aluminum front is in beautiful shape, all four red wax seals are in place. The surrounds and cones are in perfect shape.

These are delicate items, and will have to go very well packaged and double boxed in order to protect them during the trip. Please see the shipping calculator at the bottom of the page for a rate to your place.
    Please email with any questions before placing your bid, or if you need other pictures.
    Postal Money Orders, Cashiers Check or PayPal will ship your item within 48 hours after payment is received. Personal Checks have to clear first.
    Thanks for looking and have fun. I have the woofers and tweeters from the same speakers, please check my other auctions.
    Q:Hi, do you have the crossovers?
    A:Hi there, I have them and will be listed soon.

tweeters in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270055680553

Up for bids is this pair of JBL LE20-1 tweeters out of a pair of JBL L100 Century speakers. Serial numbers 125500 and 126090
    They measure 4 13/16" across and weigh about 1 lb 12 oz each.
    They were taken off of a working pair of speakers were the cabinets were not in very good shape.
    The tweeters are in excellent condition, the paper cones and center domes are in perfect shape.

Thanks for looking and have fun. I have the woofers and midrange drivers from the same speakers, please check my other auctions.
    glen

D-1004 from early 1956

D-1004 from early 1956 in ebay auction.
    These later 130B woofers have early nondatecode serial number woofers and driver in a cabinet with date code serial number crossover and horn from early 1956.

130B serial number 10157 and 10167
    175 serial number 1894
    N1200 crossover serial number 603170 (March of 1956)
    1217-1290 horn serial number 601-153 (January of 1956)

no cabinet serial number given

in ebay auction:

I SOLD MY RADIO STATION AND NOW WE ARE CLEANING OUT MY GARAGE. THIS EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN KEPT HIGH AND DRY FOR MANY YEARS. ALL EQUIPMENT WORKING VERY WELL WHEN REMOVED FROM SERVICE. THE SOUND FROM THIS SPEAKER IS JUST INCREDIBLE! ALL CONES AND DRIVER ARE IN MINT CONDITION! CABINET HAS SCRATCHES AND DAMAGED CORNERS. FABRIC HAS NO TEARS. THE CABINET IS EXTREAMLY WELL BUILT AND IN SOUND CONDITION. CROSS OVER WORKS GREAT! THIS IS THE BEST SOUNDING SPEAKER IN MY CAREER FOR OVER 40 YEARS OF BROADCAST AND RECORDING! COMPONENTS CAN BE SHIPPED IN OR OUT OF CABINET, THAT IS UP TO YOU. THIS JIM LANSING SIGNATURE SPEAKER SYSTEM IS GUARANTEED!!
    Q:Aproximately what year was this speaker made?
    A:about 1956 ??

Q:Hi Globeserv, What a great vintage speaker! I can't quite make out the serial numbers of the 130B woofer in your pictures. Can you please tell me the serial numbers on the woofers, and on the cabinet too if there is one? Thanks, Glen
    A:Woofers 10157 , 10167 didn't see any on cabinet thanks globeserv
    Q:These same pics were used to sell the same speaker recently on ebay. Is this relisted, or if not, can your provide pictures of your speaker?
    A:Dear Sir, These pictures were taking Sunday November 19, 2006 in my garage. Please note garage door in background. Thank you, Globeserv
    glen

LE175 drivers and N1200 crossovers with 1972 receipt

LE175 drivers and N1200 crossovers with 1972 receipt in ebay auction.
    Seller responded to query with serial numbers

LE175 serial number 19032 and 20654
    N1200 serial number 8234 and 4358

in ebay auction:

This auction is for James B. Lansing (JBL) N1200 Freq Dividing Network and LE175 HF driver with horn. These JBL items are no longer manufactured. Included in the pic is the origional receipts from 1972. They are in very good condition. The original owner used them in an home HiFi system. Below are the JBL specs.

LE175:
    • Throat Diameter 1"
    • Power Capacity 30 Watts
    • Nominal Impedance 8ohms
    • Voice Coil Diameter 1-3/4"
    • Voice Coil Material- Aluminum
    • Magnetic Assembly Weight 7-1/2 LBS
    • Flux Density 16000
    • Sensitivity (SPL) 30' 1 milliwatt 59dB

N1200:
    • System Power 60 Watts
    • X-Over Freq. 1200 Hz
    • Level Control 3-Position Switch
    • 8ohms
    glen

075 tweeters with 1962 date stamped N2400 crossovers

075 tweeters with January 16, 1962 date stamped N2400 crossovers in separate ebay auctions.

075 serial number
    N2400 crossovers serial number 15960 and 15961

tweeters in ebay auction:

Freshly released from old speaker enclosures. Very nice condition. I hooked them to my small cd player and they sounded fine. Some slight tarnish to the aluminum, but very good overall. I also have the matching 1962 JBL crossovers which I will be listing separetly. I will gladly combine shipping if you win both. These guys are small. but heavy; a little over 9 pounds for the pair. Figure on a little more weight for packaging materials. USA buyer pays actual USPS shipping costs. Overseas pays actual UPS shipping costs. email for questions.
    Q:Hi Colorout, Can you please tell me the serial numbers of these 075 tweeters? Thanks,Glen
    A:Yes, they are 32295 and 31546. Thanks.

crossovers in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170052072895

Freshly released from old speaker enclosures. Some dust/tarnish, but overall very nice condition. I have not tested these. I also have model 75 tweeters on auction anad I will gladly combine shipping if you win both. Serial numbers 15960 and 15961. USA buyer pays actual USPS shipping costs. Overseas pays actual UPS shipping costs. email for questions.
    Q:Hi Colorout, If you are getting the 1962 from a stamp on the crossovers could you please tell me the month and day stamped on them as well? Thanks and good luck with your auction! Glen
    A:Yes, one is somewhat hard to read, but they both appear to be Jan 16, 1962. Thanks,Brian
    glen

JBL-Registry

Hi Glen,

thanks a lot for your last found items.

All are included in the registry sheets. The "counter" shows 3203 items at this time and gives a very good overview about ages of drivers, numbering system and complete systems. There are a lot of members PMing me with the question "when is my system build?". In most cases I can give them the answer.

Hope that some more forum members tell us their numbers and systems.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

L100A from 1978

L100A from 1978 in ebay auction.
    Seller says he is the original owner of these L100A's purchased in 1978.
    Only one serial number given:

L100 serial number 308632A

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-L-100-Centur...QQcmdZViewItem

Pair of JBL L-100 Speakers. Orig. Purchased in 1978; I'm the original owner. Cabinets generally in good shape but for one corner which got bopped (see detail photos). Foam is gone from grills but wood frame and fabric on both are in great shape. Cabinets have some scratching and marring made more visible from painted surface they were on but this is something I believe could be touched up. Drivers look like new and sound great. Have no cartoning or desire to ship these , so these are FOR PICK-UP ONLY PLEASE. CHICAGO AREA.
    glen

dated N2400

Stamped August 25, 1961 date on N2400 in ebay auction

N2400 serial number 15354 and 15355

in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PRISTINE-PAIR-VI...QQcmdZViewItem

VERY VERY CLEAN MATCHINGPAIR OF VINTAGE JBL N2400 CROSSOVERS.
    BOTH TOOK IT OUT FROM WORKING SYSTEM..
    16 OHMS..
    THESE ARE CONSECUTIVE SERIAL NUMBERS 15355 & 15354..
    CHECK THE PICTURES FOR MORE INFORMATION...
    glen

Thread Information