Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a visitor today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had a visitor today

Edgewound (Ken) dropped in this afternoon and we spent several hours listening to some great tunes. Get this, he walked in with over 75-100 cd's (just in case he mumbled). I thought he was moving in!

He brought some great jazz CD's that I had not heard and I was burnin copies like a mad man. I enjoyed his company and agreed it was unfortunate we had not met sooner. He did make me feel pretty good when he stated the HR1's sounded better than the custom system we had listened to at Westlake last week. Course he may have said that just to get that last piece of Pizza?

Here is a photo of Ken at Ken's.

I enjoyed it Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I see you made him take his shoes off too!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    That happens all the time in CA. When I lived in OH, IN, and MI, I usually wore my shoes inside, virtually all the time. So did everyone else. Occasionally, someone would install white carpet and make everyone take their shoes off, but it was somewhat uncomfortable for me.

Same in chicago.

But here in SoCal, I hardly ever wear shoes inside anymore, and when I do I feel awkward, like I'm being impolite. Now when I return to Chicago or Kalamazoo or Toledo, I automatically take my shoes off as soon as I enter someone's house. Some people get a little weirded out by it. :dont-know

When I drove to Ken's to see and hear the Westies, I would have taken my shoes off in any case, as I felt like I entered a shrine. Thankfully, when I started to take off my shirt and pants, he said it wasn't necessary.
    Out.

Ti Dome... I do love your sense of humor

Question L300s

At one point, Ken, you got a pair of L300s which since went to a forum member I believe. Your plan was to use them for the duration of your stay here, while the Westlakes got packed away in preparation for the move.

Obviously the Westlakes are sitting where I last saw them and the L300s are gone. Was it just to hard too live without the Westlakes on a daily basis?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    At one point, Ken, you got a pair of L300s which since went to a forum member I believe. Your plan was to use them for the duration of your stay here, while the Westlakes got packed away in preparation for the move.

Obviously the Westlakes are sitting where I last saw them and the L300s are gone. Was it just to hard too live without the Westlakes on a daily basis?
    Well, you hit the nail on the head...

pentictonklaus

Moving big speakers

while the Westlakes got packed away in preparation for the move.

Hi Ken! Welcome back to Canada ! To bad you did not move back to Penticton. I would love to use your expertise. I have to move my 4435's to Apex in the next weeks and was hoping for lots of manpower to help. Just kidding, the Jbl are lighter then the Westlakes, so us locals will manage.

But call when you come to the Okanagen.

Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by pentictonklaus
    Hi Ken! Welcome back to Canada !

But call when you come to the Okanagen.

Klaus
    You can count on that. If you get over to the Island you have a standing invitation. Ok, I will let you sit.

Thanks for the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    as I felt like I entered a shrine. Thankfully, when I started to take off my shirt and pants, he said it wasn't necessary.
    You missed your calling funny man...

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    Comparing their carpet's condition with mine, we may start doing the same thing at my house...probably too late though. Ken didn't did make me....it just seemed like the right thing to do....but I did stop at my shoes
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    I was burnin copies like a mad man.
    I thought that was illegal.

Oh wait, you're just doing off-site backups for him. Carry on.

norealtalent
    I'm really not sure about the handsome gent, he could be an imposter, but the TAD preamp looks sweet. I hear it sounds pretty good too...

Sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    ... but the TAD preamp looks sweet. I hear it sounds pretty good too...
    That TAD pre-amp...how sweet it is. Silky smooth....and those seductively glowing little filaments gazing at you with warm thoughts through those big brown eyes....ooooohhhh...a mutual turn-on....yyeeeaaahhh baby.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    That TAD pre-amp...how sweet it is. Silky smooth....
    Well we do have another forum member who just bought one so let’s see what he has to say.

I have been sharing my excitement about the merits of this pre for over a year and received a fair bit of flack for my trouble (so we won't do that any more). I would never have brought it up again unless you had. For the cost ($700 Signature Version) used, it smokes anything else I have owned by leaps and bounds. It also has a tube MM and MC input stage for the record spinners. Warning, get the Signature version. I hear the upgrades make quite a difference.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    I'm really not sure about the handsome gent, he could be an imposter, but the TAD preamp looks sweet. I hear it sounds pretty good too...
    He's an imposter I say

Thread Information