Thread: 4320 Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the tip! While talking of crossovers in other threads, Giskard has said to just stack up 10w resistors to get the higher wattage numbers - so I ordered all 10 watt resistors. Worst case, maybe I'll have a few too many, but they're the cheaper part of the networks.

Anyway - thats next weekend's job - today is dedicated to building grilles.

The speakers didn't have any grills when I bought them, but the basic design is similar to one I saw in one of Zilch's pictures here: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...75&postcount=1

Last weekend I got one of those $99 Ryobi table saws at Homedespot, and a 60 tooth finecut saw to put into it instead of the default 24tooth saw it came with (basically, more teeth = finer cut). I thought we'd get rain this weekend so Friday after work I got the parts sawed out. But Saturday was a clear day. I glued and pinned the wood together, and cut 8 mid-side spacers - then put them into position. Everything went so well that by 4pm I had time to l spray them with flat black paint and I'm ready to glue the grill cloth.

For cloth options I've got a light tan (similar to L300 color), black, and some of the JBL Blue cloth I got from Zilch (which looks black but is actually more like Navy blue). We decided to pass on the black, but we can't figure if we like the deep blue or the tan - the speakers will be up on the shelf and partly block the window - so the light color may be more appealing. Anyway, as you can see in the botom picture, I loosely covered one grill with each - and we'll look at them for a week or so before deciding which one to glue into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information