Hello, Friends,

I posted this same basic note in another thread, but thought maybe I'd better make it a "stand-alone", and so maybe get more comments on my questions. To those that have already seen this, in the other thread, my apologies, and thanks for your patience!

I have two pairs of Altec horns, one each of the 811B and the 511B, and I've always wondered what the big difference between them is, besides the fact that one can supposedly be crossed over lower? In most of my older Altec information, Altec actually crossed over both of these horns at around 1200 HZ. I've not used the 511B's for anything since I got them, many years ago, but have used the 811B's in medium sized PA cabinets, and like them, quite a lot, actually. Has anyone actually used the 511B's crossed over at 500HZ, and is so, how do they work in that mode? Thanks, very much, for any thoughts, or comments on the performance of these two horns. I'm thinking about getting rid of one pair, and keeping one, "for a rainy day", and need to decide whether it's the 811's, or the 511's, that will hit the bricks..... or, should I just keep both of them, as I have all these years, just for grins??!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc