Thread: Urei Theater

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_daddy View Post
    I noticed you are using a Sony 9000 preamp and the 9000 DVD player. I two have had these in my theater for 7-8 years. I have been wanting to replace them for a year or two now but can not find anything better or that is so easy for my wife to opperate. Do you use the internal crossover in the preamp to cut any of the lows from the speakers or are you running them all full range?

Ps. Stunning, is your screen a Stewart or a Draper???
    I agree that it is hard to find something better than the Sony 9000 series. The 9000 DVD/SACD player is definately reference class in my opinion. Dad has moved on to the Sony STR DA4300ES (if memory serves correctly), and he is quite happy with it, however I just don't feel the need to upgrade....I'm just so happy with the 9000's. And some may call me crazy.....but isn't 5.1 enough?....especially when your using high end monitors, as opposed to [insert crappy consumer speaker here].

As for bass management.....I am not using the internal crossovers in the E9000, I do all of my bass management with the Outlaw ICBM, and some further processing of the subwoofer channels with the Behringer DCX2496.

The screen is a Da-Lite 'High Contrast Cinema Perf'. The price for this unit was steep enough....I wasn't willing to spend even more on the Stewart....and honestly, the quality of the Da-Lite is first rate.
    Last edited by UreiCollector; 02-26-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    Frederick

Thread Information