my only thought on the way home last night was "Did that really just happen"?

Was great meeting so many familiar online friends, in that setting, and with Greg Timbers at the center, wow, just wow....

A HUGE thanks to Doug for conceiving the idea, generating the interest, planning, preparing and hosting, an A++ in every single regard, and of course to Annie for patiently opening her home to us audio nutz

Thanks George for in all sincerity, the best meal I've had in months, and for the tremendous lengths he (and Shane of course) went through to transport the raw ingredients across multiple state lines and time zones......baked the bread @5am in CO, and I'm eating it in SoCal by 7:30pm, are you kidding me!

Thanks also to those who took the time to setup the active and passive gear tables. I really appreciated getting to see the front and back of drivers I've only viewed online, especially the 1500AL, she's much prettier in person than on the screen

And finally, a note on Mr Timbers. When I pulled up to the curb, a car had just pulled up before me. Out walked Greg. Having never met him, wasn't sure what to expect from such an accomplished legend, but boy he sure was the nicest, gentle, humble gent you could imagine from the very first second. It was so amazing that he not only took the time to come to our little gathering of locals, but showed so much enthusiasm, appreciation, and took time to passionately tell us about his beginnings at JBL via UCLA, what a cool story.

Although there's a legion of appreciative fanboys (and gals) our there, last night provided for me the first real connection to the JBL inner circle and made me feel like a part of a small family. For this I'll always be grateful to all involved, but of course mostly, to Greg, whose speech on being "just a guy doing a job, who still marvels at the pleasure his work has brought to peoples lives" was the highlight of my evening.