I'm working on a pair of JBL SRX715 15" 2-ways with a 2265H NEO woofer and originally 2431H NEO 3" compression driver with the aluminum diaphragm and separate surround made of plastic (before someone butchered them and installed cheap 1" drivers on a home-made "adaptor").

I am looking for a pair of 2431H drivers to restore these speakers, so if anyone has a pair they'd part with, please PM me.

I have a pair of 2432H, a NEO 3" close relative to the 2431H. It uses a ribbed Titanium diaphragm with integral Ti surround, a la previous JBL Ti design. It also has a short (approx. 3/4") extension spacer on the exit side of the driver, and IIRC, a different phase plug. As far as I can tell, it looks like the phase plug /throat serves as the centering sleeve for the spacer, while simultaneously providing a smooth path uninterupted by any possible misalignment of a simple extension slapped on the front of a standard 2431. in other words, the extension can't simply be removed.

I have reviewed the original JBL 2431H data sheet posted here on the LHS site, but to date noone has provided one for the 2432H.
The 2431H is a very short driver from diaphragm to 1.5" exit- it has no "extension" like the 2432H. Doug Button (XDCR Engr at JBL) commented that, due to the very short throat of the 2431 and 2435, they are finicky about which horns it works well with. I don't know if the longer throat of the 2432H mounted to horns designed for the 2431H (such as the one on the SRX715's in question in this thread) is an issue or not. I somehow doubt it will matter, except for at the extreme edges of the designed coverage area of this horn. Any comments regarding this is welcomed.

I have looked everywhere for data sheets on the 2432H, or any comparisons, or application experiences between these 2431H and the 2432H. I want to substitute the 2432H drivers I have now in place of the 2431H these cabinets and crossover/filter networks are designed for, but since these belong to a customer, I am reluctant to turn the job into a big experiment without some idea of the measured differences between these drivers on this or any other horns, for that matter.

Plane wave tube measurements of both drivers on the same test-bed would be a good start. Anybody have some information or experience they can share? I'd REALLY appreciate it!