Hello everybody!

Looking to start a fireside chat here. What was one of your most memorable or spectacular speaker failures? Did you send woofers flying into the room or a fire? Maybe you were at a friend's party and something went overboard? Whatever it was, I want to know!

My story: Very tame & lame, I think and in my audio "infancy" as I call it. I think I've upgraded to toddler status, but back then, everything was new to me. So I had just added another Adcom GFA-555II to my arsenal, fresh from eBay. Gave it a bit of a demo, but that was it. Also just got my 128H's back in my old L150A's after a fresh recone. One amp was pretty decent, so why not two? I bridged both amps and ran one for each 150A. It was bliss, for about six minutes. Was jamming Steve Miller's version of Mercury Blues and that's when the right channel shut down on me, just after I started to see clip lights on it. Whoa, glad nothing happened... Amp didn't turn back on, found fuses were blown because they weren't the right ones for the job. Without thinking, I replaced fuses in each amp with ones spec'd for the job, hooked everything back up and then powered up the right channel.. Lots of, "SNAP-GARBLE-GARBLE-POP-POP!" for the two seconds or so the amp was on. Which was more than enough time to pucker my bunghole, notice the clip lights went on instantly for the amp and for me to see the 128H test it's fresh surround and attempt to be free of the cabinet. Felt like an eternity and the woofer ended up needed another recone, but did still work. Oops, costly mistake.