Howdy All;

Well, a year and about eight months later the UREI has been in the office rack unchallenged, and it has been very thoroughly enjoyed.

A couple of months ago I bought a very nice Crown Studio Reference II from its original owner. I have wanted one for a long time and being assured that it is functionally perfect and not wanting to chance it going bananas on auction, I paid the too high buy it now and eagerly awaited its arrival.

It shows up well packed and looks great, not perfect but very clean. A quick VOM test show nothing to be concerned about so in the rack it goes, and, dead channel. Nice.

The seller agrees to pay for it to be repaired based on the AE Techron estimate so off it went to the best outpost of the Crown mothership.

Turns out that is has cracked solder joints on the driver transistors that are mounted on the output board. Cracked in shipping, well,, maybe. While it was there, I asked them to really run it to be sure that all was as it should be.

It came back this week and tonight it went back in the office rack. After an hour or two I do like this amp. It will take me a couple of weeks to really get to know it but so far all good. It is bright, in a nice way like the SAE2400 so maybe the UREI is a bit subdued in the UHF.

I am going to have to re rack the UREI so I can somewhat quickly swap back and forth. I really like them both.

In a couple of weeks after a good long test here I will take it home and light up the Everests or the 4365's with it.

All my best All.
Barry.