Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
Hello pos

Do you know what software or tools he was talking about? I have always been curious why HOM's are not lets say obvious in Group Delay and CSD plots.

Unless of course they are there but are difficult to see. Like the Step vs Impulse where the Step is easier to see actual delay between the drivers.

If I remember he uses Mathlab? And he has several applications he developed like his polar maps as an example.
Hi Rob

I wouldn't know! I have never seen those elusive HOMs myself.
The M2 waveguide is surely packed with those, so much so that they stop being a problem in the end

Funny to think that Earl Geddes took two opposed routes for dealing with HF and LF problems: trying to suppress any defect for the HF (and ending up with a big one on axis, that he deemed irrelevant in his preferred listening scenario) while trying to mix and compensate different modes together with his multi sub approach in LF.
The M2/sub18 system is the exact opposite

I guess both approaches can work, as well as many others probably, as long as the system is coherent and well thought out.
I think the same goes for measurements: you can look at them in many different ways and representations, but this is still the same info. No need to fight over this.