I took my 2405's downstairs and substituted them for the tweeters in a pair of Optimus 3 ways and they worked fine - so I know the slot-tweeters work fine. The 2420 horns and 2215 woofs had worked fine when I used the systems in their original 2 way config for the first weeks, so I figure thats all fine.

The 3106 crossovers I built I had connect to the hi output of the original 3110 crossovers that came with the system didn't seem to work, and it was consistant no matter which one I put on either speaker - so I tried something new. I'm running the speakers in conventional mode with a standard 110w/ch JVC receiver, no bi or tri-amping at the moment ...

I bought a pair of L166 (3way) crossovers off ebay ... the low cross is at 1k, the high cross at 6k (lower than I want, but its a test), and dropped them as the only network in the boxes. The speakers worked fine using them, but now I know what folks mean about harshness using the slots at the lower end of their range - I think I prefer feeding more of the mids through the horns.
I dropped the 3110s back into the box, and fed the high output of those into the L166 networks. I dropped the lowpass (woofer leg) off the L166, and just used the mid and high output of them ... its closer, but I think I need to rework them and get the high cross up near 10k.

I can gut them and use the precision resisters and the 4 JBL style Lpads to build better networks - once I learn what caps and chokes to use for the mid and high legs of the new 3way ... but I have to find time for that ...

I got the JBL cloth from Zilch and bought a pile of pine lumber to build the griills - fortunately our cats don't seem to have cone destroyer tendencies - but we spent this weekend clearing the garden for spring plantings - and hoping we don't get a final snow before winter formally ends. Of course anything is possible in the DC area ... sigh ...
Hopefully I'll get back to the crossover work soon ...