Quote Originally Posted by hapy._.face
It's no secret- I've been drooling over the K29800 for some time now...

Let me remind everyone-
An individual component may be outdone by another. We get so caught up in this- we must forget (or something). Kinda stupid, actually.
The combination of certain components can be greater than the sum of it's individual parts. Audio 101 part 1.
Sure, the 045be, 435Be, and even the 1500AL can all be mopped up with other individual components.
But, how many of you have actually heard the K2-9800?
In my attempts to make a point about performance, I often use the Corvette. Don't laugh yet. When you see a 1953 or a 2006, you will immediately recognize it as a Corvette, right?. Yet, in reality, there is nothing in common except their lineage. Both have a cool "X" factor that sets them apart from the rest. Would a new ZO6 engine be too cool in a 53', you bet your bottom dollar it would be!. The Be./AL combo in the K2 is the tangible link to the past and the culmination of what has been learned, the evolution, if you will, the best of the best. There are alot of members here that would love to plop $30k down and have some K2's, including me. That is the best case scenario, but most of us can't spare the dough. So the second best option (for some) is to try and acquire the best parts we can and build the next best thing, within our means. I know that some people don't understand that. But whatever the case is, one thing is constant, they have to be JBL drivers. So, I've got a pair of 435Be.'s and I've got some LE85's, hmmmm, which ones to use? Exactly!. So what if brand x's has a small edge in performance in a certain parameter?. It's not JBL. A Ford 427 SOHC motor can mop a ZO6 motor in absolute hp, do I want it in my Vette, hell no!. When someone says brand x driver will mop up a XXX driver, then you say, listen to a K2, that's where the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. For some of us, this is a journey and a learning process. If with all our efforts to piece together our dream speaker, we find that it comes full circle back to an absolutely stock JBL model, then so be it. Til' then, I'll seek out the best of the best parts that I can obtain within my means and will enjoy the journey. The K2 is a Statement speaker. JBL doesn't need me to confirm that.