Thread: 4344 Production Plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by ayaboh View Post
    Now, - if I could talk Giskard into making me a couple of networks ......
    Contact riessen

4344 drawings - final version

Here is the final version of the 4344 drawings http://designcut.com/4344org/4344-Final.pdf, dxf files for material layout http://designcut.com/4344org/Material%20Layout.zip, and ai files for the foilcals http://designcut.com/4344org/Foilcals.zip.

These are actually the as-built drawings for the project. Several things have been changed in this version, and some of the changes have been made during the building period. (I have removed the old files from the server).

A bracing between the back wall and the dog box has been added. This should make the cab a bit stiffer, and also support the center of the baffle.

4 mm asphalt plates are added to the least supported areas of the cabinet, and also to the back plate of the dog-box.

I had to skip the plan of using rubber or plastic splines to attach the fabric to the grill frames. I could not find anything I liked, so I ended up using hot-glue instead. This worked out fine.

A new back connector plate is used with cutouts for speaker terminals and a 9V battery box for charge coupled network.

I tried to attach the baffle foilcals to the baffle with six small super-magnets to make it easy to remove the foilcals and get access to the L-Pad Knobs and L-Pads. This was no success, and I'm now back to some sort of glue or tape.

I had to give up the hunt for original L-Pad knobs, and decided to make my own instead. This was actually very easy, and probably much cheaper than a set of originals. Drawings are included in the docs.

The network boxes have been removed from the drawings. They turned out to be way too small for all the caps and inductors when I finished the 3D modeling. These things are huge! See the drawings. I will make some layout drawings of the network boards later.

A list of nuts and bolt are the only things missing from the documentation, but it should be rather easy to figure out the right amount for all the bits and pieces. I guess US-based builders don't want to use metric screws anyway.

The only deviation from the drawings is that I have used the supplied T-Nuts and bolts that came with the 2123 drivers.

I will post some pics when the cabs start to look good (paint, veneer, and so on).

Thread Information